2. Lies

Phil

I walk into my house. I'm so mad, I wouldn't be surprised if there was steam coming out of my ears. Mad isn't even the right word. I'm furious!

Why would she do this to me!?

She knows how I feel but she didn't care. She ripped my heart to shreds and stomped on it like it was dirt.

* Flashback *

I unlock her door with the spare key. I decided to visit Liz since she must be so stressed. I walk in and close the door quietly behind me. I was going to call out her name but I decided to scare her instead. That's when I hear it.

"You like that, huh?" It was the same male voice from last time. I stay back and listen to their conversation.

"Darren, stop! I have to finish my essay." That was Liz.

"Babe, please, just one more." That was the guy again.

Babe?

I finally decide to see what is going on.

"What is go- Elizabeth!"

There, on the couch, was Elizabeth and some dude... kissing! As soon as she saw me she pushed him away and sat up.
"Ph-Phil it's not what it looks like!"

"What do you mean 'it's not what it looks like'!? It's pretty fucking clear what you're doing!"

"Phil-I-" she walks up to me and holds my arm. I pull away from her.

"Don't fucking touch me!"

"Phil, please. Lets talk about it! I know it looks bad but..."

Liz kept talking but I couldn't hear her. All I heard was "lies, lies, lies" over and over again in my head.

"You liar! I gave you everything you've ever wanted and this is how you fucking pay me?"

"No, you didn't give me everything!"

Silence.

What!?

"What more could you want!? You always want more! Haven't you had enough?" I ask in shock.

"I wanted you, Phil, but no! You're stupid anxiety had to get in the way. So I got Darren instead," she says looking at the guy.

"You act like I could fucking control it! It's not something I could just switch off!"

Is she seriously going after my mental disorder?

"Lizzy, stop lying and tell him already," said Darren, looking up at the ceiling.

"Shut. Up."

"What is he talking about?" I ask looking at both of them.

"Ignore him. He doesn't know what he's saying." This seems to piss Darren off.

"I don't know what I'm saying? Are you serious!?" Then he turns and talks to me. "Dude, I don't know how you haven't noticed she's only with you for your fucking money!"

My jaw dropped. It made sense. How could I have been to stupid??

"Fuck you, Darren! Get the fuck out of my appointment!" Liz yelled at him.

"With pleasure," said Darren with a glare. He got off the couch, picked up his coat and slammed the door on his way out.

At this point I'm way too done to even yell.

"Why?" I ask as I put my head in my hands.

"Do you think I like being stared at when you have your stupid attacks out in public!? Do you think I like going out with you when you can't even pay for things because the cashier looks 'scary'? I wanted someone normal! That's why I fucking did it!"

"Elizabeth, I fucking trusted you! You could have broken up with me but no! You went and did all this bullshit just because I have fucking anxiety! What the hell is wrong with you?" I just standing there and shake my head and look her straight in the eyes. "I bought us a fucking house, you know that?" I laugh humorlessly. "I loved you and I thought you loved me too. I was wrong, so, so wrong. But guess what? In the end you lose. Good luck paying everything off on your own."

Her eyes go wide when I finish the last part. "No no no no no! Phil, look, maybe we could work something out! Please stay!"

I shake my head and laugh again. I look at the expensive vase filled with flowers that I bought her a few days ago.

"I'm done... I'm fucking done! Wish you and Darren the best of luck," I say sourly. I turn around and look at the vace again. Without a warning, I grab it throw it on the ground. I stare as the shards fly and litter the floor.
A representation of my heart.

"Whatever, leave! But you're gonna have to pay for that!" yells Elizabeth as she too stares at the mess in between us.

"It was never yours to begin with."

With that, I leave with the slam of the front door. Next stop, the bank.

* End of Flashback *

Dan

The guy has only been here a couple of days so I haven't done anything yet. I just moved some stuff around. Right now, though, he's scaring me. He walked in and immediately started throwing and breaking things. And right now he's pacing back and forth while having a full blown conversation with himself. I sit on the couch and stare at him.

"I bought her a car. I bought her an apartment. I bought her clothes and shoes. I helped her pay most of her college! I-I- for fucks sake! I bought her everything she wanted!" The guy went on and on and on. It was kind of amusing.

"How could I have been so gullible!?

I'm obviously blind...

Good thing I went to the bank. She'll never get money from me ever again!

Fuck you, Elizabeth!"

He kept cussing out that girl. Wonder who she could be?

30 minutes later

Oh my gosh! He's still talking. Don't get me wrong, he has a nice voice and all but, it's getting annoying.

Elizabeth this, Elizabeth that.

"Just get over her already!" I said in my head, or so I thought. I had accidentally said it out loud. As soon as I realize what I did I cover my mouth with my hand and sink deeper into the couch.

"I'm trying but-"

The guy froze.

He was about to respond until he noticed that I, or not him at least, had spoken.

"W-who said that?" he asked. He kept looking around him as if looking for someone.

"That's fucking great! Now I'm going crazy! This is obviously because of her!" I roll my eyes at his response.

Here we go again...

This is getting boring so I decide to leave. I go up to my- his room and decide to move some other stuff around.

Back to the boring ghost life.

***

Hope you guys like this book so far! 😋

-Ana 😸