[fifteen]

♔Lindsey's P

Lindsey's P.O.V

I watched Zac turn away from me, like he did the last time on the roof. But this time, everything was different. He didn't turn away because he wanted to, he turned away because I forced him to. I was to blame for him when he wanted to fight for what we had.

The screeching sound of tyres on a rough surface is heard as he drives off to the unknown. Now I feel scared. I don't know why, but I don't think it was a great idea for him to drive off in this state. I just hope that he is safe and sound.

I felt lightheaded as I entered the house. All I wanted to do was place my head against a lush pillow and escape to a land of dreams; completely forgetting that any of this ever happened.

I spot uncle sitted on the couch, arms bent forward and finger interlocked. He looks on the ground, as if he were impatiently waiting for someone. Having felt my presence, he looks up and pats the space beside him, indicating that I should take a seat.

"Uncle, if you're here to ask questions, just know that I don't want to talk about it." I crossed my arms across my chest. It's not because I was being rude. Honestly, I was mentally tired of all this. I just wanted to escape all these problems that are being shot at me.

"I'm not going to force you into saying anything you don't want to. I just wanted to say that I could have handled him by myself. There was no need for you to intervene. Clearly, that boy had done enough damage to you. Why did you have to stop me?"

I was not sorry when I rolled my eyes at my uncle. "I had to intervene uncle. For goodness sake, you could have killed him if I hadn't arrived in time."

"I was handling him quite well, Lindsey."

"By punching him? Thinking that using violence would solve the problem?" I looked at my uncle, who didn't sound like the practical person I knew at the moment.

"Lindsey, you're not getting my point--"

"No, you listen, uncle. You're clearly not getting my point." I took in a deep breath and continued, "There was no need to hit him like that. I know that he was in the wrong, but you reciprocating in anger was also wrong."

"I was just trying to help," uncle's voice began to rise as well.

"Help," I snorted in laughter, "You weren't helping uncle. Rather, thanks for making the situation ten times worse for me. Just leave me and my problems alone. I don't need you fighting all my battles."

By the time I had finished, my eyebrows arched in surprise after having heard what I just said to uncle.

"Uncle, I didn't mean---" he stopped me before I could continue.

"Clearly, I'm of no importance to you now. Well, I'm glad you made that clear." With those last words, uncle stood from his place and walked out through the front door, leaving me alone with many unspoken words lingering in the air.