Chapter Thirty Six- Ice cream

Beginne am Anfang

Guess, I was right and Kim was wrong. And that our kiss meant nothing at all to him.

No... I wouldn't cry in front of him.

I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing he's hurt me right.

Or either he's really good at hiding his real emotions.

Asshole!

"Oh..." Ky said, not believing his word and giving me a teasing smile.

But, before Nobody could detect the hurt in my eyes, I excused myself saying I needed to make a quick call.

***

After I managed to stabilize myself somehow and took enough air in my system to withstand his presence, I walked back to where the office was.

Without thinking, I pushed the door open and saw Mr. Miller already engrossed in schmoozing with Evan.

But, he looked annoyed.

Ky dropped down from Evan's lap and walked towards me. He held my hand and pulled me down.

I crouched down to hear what he had to say.

"He's angry. Evan will lose it." He mumbled, scratching the back of his head.

I couldn't help but smile at his adorability. If that's even a word!

I winked at him and whispered, "Let me handle this."

He nodded and walked back to Evan. They were already staring at me.

I smiled big at Mr. Miller, "I'm Michelle Reynold."

Instantly the old guy stood up and shook his hand with mine. "I-I am Paul Miller."

He was a man of forty something with gray hair and a little white beard, he was same height as me and had light blue eyes. 

"Please, have a seat." He offered.

I took the seat beside Nobody, ignoring his gaze at me, but out of corner of my eyes, saw him rolling his eyes at me.

Huh? Excuse me, what was that for?!

"I've given you my final decision, Mr. Royce. I am sorry he can't go out after the stunt he pulled in the class again, and I've to detain him for couple of days after school."

I gasped, internally. Brutal! How could he be like this? Did he not have a heart?

Ky whined and hugged Evan tightly, shutting his eyes.

"Nice... I am really impressed," I said and his smile turned into a grin.

But, quickly dropped when I completed, "by your brutality. If we really bought this school, I will make sure to terminate your position."

I placed my right leg on the left and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

He trembled in his seat and wiped the beads of sweat which formed on his forehead.

Yes, I can do this!

"I-I am sorry. I am so sorry. I am a big fool. I didn't know what I was saying,"

I cut him short, "So you're drunk or on drugs?" I raised my brow and his lips quivered with fear when he said, "Please, Ms. Reynold don't take my job away. I promise, it won't happen again. I'm as sober as ever but,"

"You forgot who you were talking to. He's just a four year old who can be scared at times and what if he peed? I drooled a lot... but, my teachers helped me, not scolded me!! I am going to make sure,"

And next second he was down at my feet. Real funny.

I jerked away, standing up, scared of what he was doing. Maybe this got a little out of hand. I didn't mean to do this...

"Hey..." I mumbled and he stood back up. Fear written all over his face.

"I just want you to be gentler with children. He's four. Please have some humanity before making such decisions. That's all I have to say."

"I am sorry. You're right, Miss Reynold." He turned towards Evan, "I am sorry, Mr. Royce. And you can take out Kyle for the rest of the day but, make sure you drop him off before ten." He cracked a smile at Ky while Evan remained deadpanned.

As usual.

He pulled at my jeans and I picked him up. He was so light.

To my utter surprise, he kissed my cheek and I blushed like I was four too.

"What's this for?" I chuckled.

He shrugged and asked, "Are we still going for an ice cream?"

"Definitely," I brushed his soft smooth hair back but, flinched away remembering the last time I did that it was Evan's.

"Kyle... come on. We have to go."

Evan walked towards me and I was praying, I wouldn't drop Ky on the ground with my shaking knees.

Ky passed himself from my arms to his and in this process, our hands touched, making me shiver all the way down to my toes.

I looked away from his cold brown eyes.

"I be waiting for you, Mishel." He said in his defected English before waving his hand and leaving. Though, Evan didn't even once glance back at me.

_________

Thank you so much for finding time to read my book. Do lemme me know what you think of it:)

Please Vote/Comment/Share

~D <3