Chapter Thirty Three- Lost times

Start from the beginning

"The girl got pregnant at seventeen and the guy had his whole future in front of him. He loved her but, he didn't want the baby. So, the girl did what he wanted, crushing her own desires, her wishes... and she never forgave herself for that terrible mistake and neither could she forgive her husband. When she'd told me this... I was twelve or thirteen and didn't really connected the dots back then. But, now I'm old enough to understand who that couple was."

I looked up at him from the floor and he had tears in his eyes.

I stood up and hugged him. "Please, you got another chance. Don't do it again. Please, uncle..."

He wrapped his arms around me crying. I held onto him firmly and felt him nod against my head.

"It's their decision. Please, let them explore their options. I know deep inside of you, you desperately want your grandchild."

He pulled away and wiped his tears, slightly smiling at me, "I loved Celeste and I will always be sorry for that wrong decision of my life. I wish I can go back and give Kim her elder brother or sister back..."

I wiped my tears and smiled, "I think she's happy with me."

He chuckled with me and half hugged me.

"You shouldn't blame yourself anymore. What done is done but you can control the future."

He smiled and patted my head. "When did you grow up?"

I blushed and shrugged.

He nodded, smiling. "You're right, Elle."

"Let's get out of here and decide my grandson or granddaughter's names."

I chuckled and started walking, "Wait," I turned to him, "Kim doesn't know about—I know the high school story... I just want it to be that way."

"I understand. She won't know you know."

"Thank you."

"I understand why Celeste told you... I'm blessed to have two daughters."

"Oh man," I sucked in breath, looking up at the ceiling, "don't make me cry again!" He hugged me again and I let him.

"Let's have some red velvet cupcakes."

I smiled, wiping away the tears. "I'm famished!"

***

I grabbed two cupcakes and laughed at a joke Martin cracked. Jenna left when Uncle Travis announced his final decision of letting the kids decide. It made her ferocious and she couldn't bare it.

Good thing!

Kim had been asking me what I said to change her father's mind, but I'd been dodging her questions. Finally she let it go and said she loved me and that we were sisters from different mothers.

I was about to take a bite of my cupcake when my phone buzzed. Hoping it might be Nobody, I fished it out.

Not only was I disappointed, but nostalgia hit me hard. It's been a week since I had talked to mom and dad. A week of not seeing them. It shouldn't bother me since they had never really been in the picture but no matter what, I had started to miss home. Miss arguing with Mom and miss making funny faces at dad when he wasn't looking. Miss Marissa and her cooking, talking with her, and telling her about Evan.

Tears swelled in my eyes and Kim noticed. She grabbed my phone and then looked up at me. "You should go. No postponing it anymore, Elle. Face your problems. Go..."

She yelled, "John, pack some cupcakes for Elle."

I heard John's faded acceptance. I stood up said my bye to Martin and Uncle Travis.