More Than Just "Girl-Friends"(Brooke X Fem!Reader)

My breath became ragged as I bit my lip, furrowing my brows. I could feel the sweat forming as I glare at the hoop in front of me. The blaring of cheers and hollers moved to the background as I gulped.

Taking another breath of air, I finally shoot, feeling as though everything went in slow motion. My eyes widen as the ball circled the hoop, before making it in. The team cheered, giving me a group hug as I let out a sigh of relief.

It was the last match of our game, and we won! Thanks to me, of course.

Chuckling, I rubbed the back of my neck, shaking off every complement with a wave of my hand and a 'It really wasn't all me, my team always has my back!' as I blush.

"(Name)!"

Hearing my name, I turned to see Brooke, a close friend of mine. "Hey." I greeted, giving her a shy smile. "You were amazing!" Her eyes sparkled as she grinned. "Was I?" I questioned, looking off to the side as I squeeze my arm. "You big dummy! You're always so modest!" She pouted, playfully glaring at me, making me blush.

Shaking her head, she jumped up, grabbing me in a hug as she giggled. "It's always fun to hug you! You're just so tall!" I could hear her excitement as I blushed harder, hugging her back.

"Are you two homo's done, or are we gonna have the whole show?" Chloe teased, a shit eating grin on her lips. I rolled my eyes, straightening my back as the blonde laughed, shaking her head. "We're just friends." I muttered, crossing my arms. "Girlfriends." Brooke grinned, tilting her head, making my blush come back.

The brunette laughed, placing her hands on her hips. "Yeah, the only thing separating you two is that small space in the middle." I grunt, rolling my eyes as I turn to get a water bottle. "I don't get it." A small chuckle left my lips as I ruffled the teen's hair. "It's nothing really."

Of all people. Chloe was the one to find out about my tiny crush on Brooke. Ah..when I say tiny, I mean write her name in note books and draw a heart around it small. But, uh...I mean, you know...I like her.

A while later the girls and I let to go get some frozen yogurt for a celebration. I laughed at Jenna's joke as I ate some of my own yogurt. "Pink berry is literally the best!" Brooke squeaked, her cheeks red as she ate another bite. With the plastic spoon in my mouth, I looked over with a raised brow. "Willy?" Swallowing the last bit of yogurt that was in my mouth, I continued. "I've never tried it." I hummed, about to grab my spoon again.

The girl gasped, pushing her spoon to my lips. "Try mine then!" She grinned, making my curiosity grow. Taking the flavored dessert into my mouth, a small moan left it. "You were right!" I laughed as her gazed became more happy.

Looking over to the others, they all had a smirk on their lips as I blush, stuffing more yogurt in my mouth.

Okay, maybe more people the just Chloe knows about my crush.

Slouching down, I groan, already knowing what they were about to say. "Indirect kissing, huh? Wow, you two really are moving fast!" Chloe laughed, making my face redden. "What do you mean? I share with you guys all the time." This child is too pure for this world.

"I-it's nothing."

She tilted her head, then shrugged, going back to eating. Sometimes, I really do wish she'd get what they meant, because it's fucking hard to ask this girl out. I mean, don't get me wrong, I've tried before! Like, a million times! Okay, maybe that was an exaggeration. But, I did try.

~Flashback~

"H-hey Brooke!" I smiled shyly, playing with my fingers. The blonde turned, her books in her arms as she smiled sweetly up at me. "Yeah?" I gulped, completely frozen. She was like an angel. Her long eyelashes were beating as I stared at her pretty baby blues.

My words got caught in my throat as I cleared it. "Um..I was wondering...if we could um...like hang out? Maybe at my house or...something?"

Brooke grinned, nodding. "Yeah, sure!" My eyes glistened as I mimicked her face. "Really!?" Giggled, she tilted her head. "Of course! You're like my best friend!" And, like that, my heart broke.

Friendzoned.

~End~

And there is like a craplode of other failed attempts.

"When are you gonna toughen up, huh? Just tell her that you like her!" Chloe and Jenna cornered my after I left my classroom as I nervously chuckled. "Guys, people are staring." I blushed, hiding my face behind my books. Jenna huffed, grabbing the book out of my grasp. "Just do it, (Name)! It's not like anything bad is gonna happen!"

I deadpanned. "Um we could stop being friends. That's pretty bad, Jenna." The girl rolled her eyes, folding her arms. The other grabbed my ear, glaring at me as I protested. "You are so going to confess. Today. Or i'll tell the whole school...that." She smirked, making my eyes widen.

Not even Jenna, the gossip queen knows about....that.

Fuck.

I groaned, sighing soon after. "Fine!" I through my hands in the air, letting out a frustrated grunt. "Good, because there she is." The brunette pointed at the blonde as she walked out of a close classroom. "Wha-! I can't do it now! What if she rejects me! Everyone would know!" The girls shrugged, a big smirk on their faces as I glare.

Huffing, I rushed to the sweater wearing blonde. "Brooke, hey!" She smiled up at me with her pearly white, making my internal voice scream. "Yeah, you need something, (Name)?" I took a deep breath.

"Look Brooke. I-I wanna be MORE than just girl....friends. Y-you know? Without the small space. I like-maybe even l-love you. I want a relationship.....is what I'm trying to say."

A/N: Hahaha I left on a cliffhanger! I'm a bad person. Also...what the hell is that secret? They world may never know. Hope you liked it!