60| the battle pt.1

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Well, well." Draco said, pointing his wand at Harry. "What brings you here, Potter?"

Both Blaise and Goyle were standing slightly behind Draco—their wands raised as well.

"I could ask you the same." Harry said, stepping away from the object he was observing.

"You have something of mine. I'd like it back." Draco spat.

"Why didn't you tell her? Bellatrix?" Harry said, causing Goyle and Blaise to look at each other with confusion. "You knew it was me. You didn't say anything."

Draco looked slightly down, keeping his arm raised. He almost looked as hurt as when he was standing in front of Dumbledore.

"Come on, Draco. Don't be a prat. Do it." Goyle said in Draco's ear.

Just when Draco was about to cast something, a female voice out of nowhere shouted, "Expelliarmus!"

"Avada Kedavra!" Goyle yelled, turning around and running away with Blaise and Draco.

I quickly fired a Reducto curse on Goyle, causing his killing curse to miss Hermione only by a hair.

"That's my girlfriend, you numpties!" Ron shouted, running after Goyle.

I then ran out of my hiding spot and over to Harry and Hermione.

"I just saved you're ass." I said to Hermione, who ran up to me and hugged me.

"Thank god you're alive!" She said and smiled. "Harry found the diadem, we just need to climb up and get it."

Harry had already started climbing, and I quickly followed. I helped him pull out a couch that it was lodged into, and Harry finally fit it it.

"Got it!" Harry said, sighing in relief.

"Great! Now—" Hermione was cut off by shouting coming from where Ron had just ran off moments before.

A orange light then began to illuminate the dark room—the temperature increasing dramatically.

"AHHHHHH!" A familiar voice screamed, getting louder and louder the closer it got.

I jumped down, landing perfectly. I then looked up at Ron, who just turned into view.

"Run! Run! Goyle' set the bloody place on fire!" Ron yelled, grabbing Hermione and running away from the orange light.

Once I saw the fire, I quickly turned around and grabbed Harry—who was staring at it.

"Do you want to be burned to death? Come on!" I yelled, pulling his arm to get his attention.

I immediately broke off into a sprint, not daring to look back at the snake-shaped fire burning everything in its path.

We continued to run until we were trapped.

"Protego!" Harry yelled, sending a force up to protect us.

"Guys, look!" I said, pointing to a group of brooms laying on the floor.