42| drifting away

"Sorry, have to follow her rules."

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

"Those wishing to join the Inquisitorial Squad for extra credit, may sign up in the High Inquisitors office." Umbridge's voice rang through the entire school.

"As if." I said to myself and scoffed.

"Don't worry about it, y/n." Harry said and patted my back.

I smiled at him and continued to practice.

"Stupefy!" I yelled, causing my wand to shoot out over at Dean, who fell backwards.

"Working hard is important. But there's something that matters even more; believing in yourself. Think of it this way; every great wizard in history has started out as nothing more than what we are now. If they can do it, why not us?" Harry asked.

"Um...y/n? Could you um....help me?" Neville asked shyly.

I chuckled to myself and smiled.

"Of course." I said.

"Expelliarmus?!" Neville said unsurely, causing nothing to happen.

"Neville, all you need to do is say it more proudly. Try to shoot my wand out of my hand." I said and held out my wand.

"I don't want to miss and hurt you." He said.

"It's okay, I can take it." I said and chuckled.

He gave me an unsure look. I smiled and him and nodded, signaling that it was okay.

"Stand up straight and say it proudly with me. One...two....three...." I said.

"Expelliarmus!" Neville yelled, but this time he preformed it perfectly.

My wand flew up twelve feet into the air and fell with a little thud on the tile behind me.

Everyone stopped and looked over at Neville, gasping.

"That was brilliant, Neville!" I said and smiled.

"Did I just....?" He asked himself.

"Yes!" I said and gave him a hug.

"Wow! Thank you, y/n!" He said and smiled brightly.

"Of course! Keep practicing." I said and smiled.

───────────────