21| train rides with dementors

"No, Voldemort."

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

As I looked out at the morning sky, I knew today was the day. The day I return to Hogwarts for my Third Year. The breeze blew my h/c back gently, causing some pieces to brush onto my face. I looked down at my journal, which I haven't written in in ages. I walked down and sat on my bed, and began to read:

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

I remember when I saw this written on a poster in a muggle shop once. It was a vintage store with many records, books, poems, and other items. I wasn't supposed to be there, but being me I went anyway.

I searched through the books and poems, when I came across this one. I asked the lady who worked there and she told me a man named Robert Frost wrote it. I never quite knew what he meant when he said, "nothing gold can stay". But something about it made me curious. This has been one of my favorite poems ever since.

"Y/n! It's time to go." Harley informed me.

Letting out a nervous breath, I reluctantly closed my journal and placed it in my bag. After zipping it closed, I excited my room and made my way down the large, marble staircase.

"Are you ready, dearest?" My mother asked.

"I guess so," I replied.

I have no idea what this year has in store for me.

───────────────

Once arriving on Platform 9 3/4, my mother asked me for what seemed like the thousandth time, "Okay, do you have everything? Books? Wand? Clothes?"

"Yes, mother," I assured her with a nod. "I packed everything."

"Alright. Have fun." She said and kissed my forehead.

I waved to her and turned around and began walking to the train. As I was walking I spotted a ginger. I immediately ran up to Ron and jumped on his back.

"Why, hello there Ronald." I said and giggled.

"Bloody hell y/n! You scared me!" He said as I hopped off his back.

"My bad," I replied, returning back on the ground. "Come on, let's go find a seat before the train leaves us stranded."

We both walked up into the train. We searched for and open spot everywhere, but there wasn't any empty one left. We decided to sit in one with a sleeping man in it.

"Who is that?" Ron asked me.

"I-" I was cut off by someone.

"Ron! Y/n!" A familiar voice said.