60| the battle pt.1

Start from the beginning

I nodded and started to run.

The quad was absolutely chaotic. Spells flew from every direction—one almost hitting me in the side. The sound of screams and cries echoed throughout the hall.

All of a sudden, I felt cold and began to shiver—goosebumps noticeably began to appear on my arms. I quickly turned around, and immediately regretted it.

A group of dementors glided towards the enterence, heading straight for me. I held out my wand in front of me—trying to think of something happy.

But nothing happy had occurred in my life for a very long time.

"Expecto Patronum!" I shouted, but nothing came out.

The dementors continued to fly towards me—any minute now they would be sucking out my soul.

"Think, y/n! Think!" I said to myself.

The time Draco and I shared our very first kiss at the Yule Ball. It was amazing. I felt the happiest I've ever been in my entire life.

"Expecto Patronum!" I yelled, causing a large blue light to shoot out of the tip of my wand.

And it worked. The dementors were driven away from the castle, and eventually, they gave up and dispersed.

I smirked and ran back inside Hogwarts, where I was quickly met face to face with a nasty looking Death Eater. Before I could even process anything, he shot me with a spell causing me to fly backwards and drop my wand.

The Death Eater chuckled and slowly walked closer to me.

"Y/n Clearwater. It's such a shame that you didn't join your parents. Now I'm afraid you'll have to die. Tell me if this hurts." He said and smirked—raising his wand.

I then shut my eyes, and prepared for the impact.

"You tell me." A familiar voice said, casting a spell that shot the Death Eater through the stone wall.

I opened my eyes and my heart stopped.

"Draco?" I asked, my eyes widening.

"I'm here, love. Are you okay?" He asked, helping me up and handing me my wand.

"I'm fine, but—" I started, but I was cut off by Blaise and Goyle running up to us.

"Draco! We just saw them run into the Room of Requirement. Come on!" Goyle said with a evil smirk on his face.

"Who?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"No time for questions. I have to go, stay safe." Draco said, kissing my forehead and running away with Blaise and Goyle.

He thinks he is going to go fight while I "stay safe" like a lost puppy? Hell no.

Being the nosy person I am, I silently followed Draco and his mates into the Room of Requirement.

The room revealed millions of antique objects, but I had no time to look at them because I had to focus on Draco. I then quietly snuck behind a tall pile of furniture and trinkets, observing what they were doing.