Chapter 45: Piece By Piece (Hannah)

Start from the beginning

She threw her hand over her chest and breathed out a sigh of relief, "You seriously had me freaking there for a second. Don't scare me like that." she smacked her hand against my arm repeatedly. I laughed, shaking her off.

"What happens now? Do they judge and choose a winner?" I wasn't exactly smart when it came to art galleries or shows.

"Yeah. Not for a little while though." she shifted on her feet, "Is she-"

"She's gone, Hail." I assured her without a glance in her direction, "Don't worry."

"You and Johnny?" she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively, changing the subject, "What's going on there?"

"Nothing." I muttered, shrugging. My heart and cheeks deceived me.

"Liar!" My sister gasped, "What did you guys do? Did you-"

"I just broke up with Justin again, Hail. I'm not going to go have sex with another guy." I replied, crossing my arms over my chest with a sheepish look.

"But you did something or you wouldn't be blushing like that." She made a gesture, her finger inches from my nose.

"We made out." I threw a look at the boys over my shoulder, surprised to find them watching us. I offered a smile before turning back to my sister, "My God, Hailey, it was amazing."

She perked up at the answer, "I'm happy for you, Hannah. You deserve someone that genuinely makes you happy. Someone that makes you laugh until you cry." I nodded, squeezing her hand.

"Johnny is great at that." I said quietly, refusing to let the thoughts threatening to break through to affect me.

"Oh God!" Hailey groaned, slapping her hands against her face, "Sophia is over there."

"So?" I started, then felt my purse beginning to slip from my grip when I saw her.

My best friend was a complete mess. Her dark hair was tangled, her eyeshadow, liner, and mascara running down her face with the tears that left a haziness over her eyes. She was wearing a tight black dress that was short enough to pass as a shirt. She looked completely out of place in the art gallery, an outcast among us.

"Soph, what are you doing here?" I rushed over to her before she could approach Hailey and ruin her chances of winning.

"I. . . we. . . I. . ." She sputtered, her eyes darting in every direction, "I'm pregnant. For real this time. It isn't. . . it isn't just a scare, Han. What am I going to do? You. . ." I could see by the dilated and vacant look in her eyes that she was drunk.

I backed her into a corner by the bathroom and shook my head, "You need to get an UBER and go home, Sophia. You can't be here right now."

"Why? Because I'm not Hailey? Because I'm not good enough for you! Because I can get a man and you can't keep one." Her voice was rising as she slurred, nearly stumbling on her heels and slamming into me. I steadied her, my hands gripping her shoulders.

"Because you're wasted and have a big mouth when you're drunk, Sophia, that's why." I started to reach for my phone, but she slapped my hand and shook her head.

"I'm not wasted." She snapped, "I only had one or three drinks. Mr. Fuller is here too, you know. He's waiting for me in the car. But he doesn't know, Han. He doesn't know I'm gonna have his baby and he'll continue to lie to his wife."

"Sophia, go home." I took her face in my hands and forced her to look into my eyes, "You are going to get yourself in trouble or hurt. Please, I'm begging you, Soph, get an UBER."

She staggered forward and collapsed in my arms, giggling, "But I don't want to go. I want to stay and see all of Hailey's pretty pictures."

"You okay, Han?" Johnny approached us, hands deep in his black dress pants as he took in Sophia's drunken stare.

"Johnny!" She threw her arms around his waist, "You're still the best I ever had, John. Han is going to love ridi-"

"Alrighty, Soph. Let's get you home." He slipped his arms under my best friend's feet and shifted her in his arms until he was carrying her bridal style.

He leaned down and kissed my cheek softly over Sophia's head, "I'll see you tomorrow. Text me when you get home. I'll come over if you need me to."

I nodded, watching as he carried a giggling Sophia out of the building before she could cause any more of a scene.

When I was back over with Hailey and Mason, they both stared at me expectantly.

"What happened? She drunk?" Mason questioned.

"Sadly, yeah." I smoothed out my wrinkled skirt, "Johnny's driving her back to make sure she gets home safely."

Both looked ready to respond, but were interrupted by one of the judges stalking over to us, her eyes trained on the various pieces laid out before her. After a moment, I felt Hailey take my hand and let out a shaky breath as she waited for what she'd been waiting for all night.

The results. 

***AN***

So sorry for the filler guys! I had writers block and tried to get this done as soon as possible so Brianna could get to her chapter. I can PROMISE her chapter will be ten times better! 

Love you guys and thanks for being so patient! 

Hope you enjoyed and and don't forget to tell us what you thought! 

~ChasingMadness24 & BriannaVore