Chapter Twenty-Nine

Madison's p.o.v »»

"Madison get your leg off me!" Lily complained, pushing my half awake body roughly to the other side of the bed. I groan loudly, snuggling more into the thin blanket.

"Stop pushing Madison around like a rag doll." Tyler ordered Lily. I smirk at his comment, peeking an eye up at Lily.

"Two against one." I said in a sing-song voice.

I was about to fall back asleep, when my body jerked harshly to the right harder than before.

"Lily!" I screamed, face planting into the motel carpet.

"Both of you need to stop acting like we're still in 7th grade." Tyler said, standing in the middle of us. I immediately stiffen at Tyler's unusual behavior, picking myself and the blanket off the floor.

Tyler walks over to a large duffle bag on the bed. "Put this on," he says, throwing clothes in my direction.

I attempt to catch it, but fail. "Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something?" Lily says, flicking Tyler's forehead with her finger. I watch silently as Tyler swats her hand away from him.

"You both act like long-lost siblings." I voice my thoughts aloud, making the two of them stop their bickering immediately by the comment.

"Did I say something wrong?" I say, scratching the back of my neck nervously.

"Should we tell her?" Lily asks, looking at Tyler with an intense look. Tyler instantly shakes his head, not liking the sound of that. "It's not your business to say, Lily." Tyler says sternly.

"Wait..." I say slowly, fiddling with the hem of my robe, "Are you guys, like, a couple?" I ask. "Is that why Lily came, too?"

Both Lily & Tyler jump away from each other with wide eyes. "Of course not!" They both shout in unison.

I grab my clothes off the bed and make my way towards the run down bathroom. I say, closing the door slightly. I quickly shrug the robe off and put on clothes that are clearly Lily's.

Staring at myself in the mirror, I lean against the sink. I haven't gotten any sleep in days and it was noticeable. I had semi-dark circles around my eyes and my waist seemed to get smaller and smaller with each passing day. When I lifted my shirt up in front of the mirror, Lily decided to walk in, my stomach exposed to her.

"Oh my gosh, don't tell me you're still starving yourself?" Lily screeched loudly with Tyler hearing undoubtedly. I clench my jaw, staring at her with a look that could kill. She continues to look at me waiting for an answer, not realizing what she just announced to Tyler.

After a moment of uncomfortable silence, Lily's face morphs into realization.

My chest feels heavy and even though I can't see Tyler's expression from inside the bathroom, I dread it. I feel the familiar anxiety attack making its way up, and quickly shove Lily out of the doorway, running out of the motel room.

I run despite the close footsteps and calls that follow behind me. I run so fast that my feet slip from underneath me, causing me to crash face first into the pavement. Once my face hits the ground, I break out into a sob, the realization of not even being physically or mentally strong, beginning to get to me.

Tyler's familiar arms pull me into a hug as we sit together on the abandoned road.

The words don't seem to form in my mouth. I feel like I'm paralyzed in his arms. The secret I had trusted my ex-best friend with 3 years ago, is beginning to haunt me. I remember the day so vividly. Standing in the middle of my bathroom on the scale, praying that I had lost that extra pound.