I wrap my arms around her and bury my head into her shoulder. "Thanks, mom."

"You're welcome. Now get out of your pajamas, you're going on a date," she exclaims excitedly as she scurries out of the room, closing the door behind her. I change into the shirt and a pair of shorts, try to make my hair look manageable, exit my room, and take a deep breath before heading downstairs. I notice Connor staring at me, his mouth barely open. What if I don't look good enough? I get to the bottom of the stairs, and Connor takes my hand in his non broken one.

"You look," he pauses to kiss my hand, "stunning."

"Th-thank you," I barely squeak out in response. I watch as he waves to my mom, and I turn and smile at her before Connor and I walk outside, hand in hand.

~

"There it is," Connor says as we approach the park. I spot my favorite tree and let go of Connor's hand before sprinting towards it.

"Follow me!" I shout, unsure as to whether or not he was still in the spot I left him. I turn my head for a second but keep running. I hear Connor get closer; he's racing me to the tree. I begin to run faster and faster, my body flying forward. When I'm about a foot from the tree, I open my arms and begin to slow down. When I feel my chest touch it's bark, I wrap my arms around it. A minute later, Connor has caught up to me. We're both breathing heavily; he's resting his hands on his knees, and I'm leaning against the tree.

"Man," he says in between breaths, "you really are a tree hugger." I nod, unable to form proper words. After a few more breaths, I'm able to talk.

"Do you know what kind of tree this is?"

"A tall one, that's, um, tree-ish," he says, and I can't help but laugh.

"It's a Plantanus Occidentalis," I say proudly, and Connor just stares at me, a confused look painted on his face.

"Sycamore."

"Ohhhh," he says, and I giggle. "How did you learn all of this?"

"I have my ways."

"Interesting."

I lose track of time as Connor and I walk around the park. We talk about random stuff, and I occasionally to show him various trees that are scattered around the park. After a little while, we find a shady tree and sit under it. I lean up against him and he laces his fingers within mine, using his thumb to make small circles on my hand.

"Connor, I'm hungry."

"I was hoping you would say that." I watch, confused, as he stands up. "Here," he puts out his hand and helps me up.

"W-where should we go?"

"I might have an idea. This way," he says as he starts to walk.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see," he says with a smirk.

And the entire way across the park, he refuses to tell me. I'm glad I at least wore something somewhat fancy but casual, because I have no clue what we're doing. Finally, we make it to a hill. I look up at it nervously, but Connor tells me to keep going. We get to the top and I stop. A few feet in front of me is a small table, with two chairs. There's even one of those small white table cloths, like in the movies, when you see it and think 'that would be nice', but it's almost too nice to happen. But it's happening. Without thinking, I kiss Connor. I wrap my arms around him and kiss him, on the lips. At first I can tell he's confused, but then he kisses back.

"What was that for?" he asks, and I can tell he's trying to stay calm but he's pretty giddy on the inside.

"I wanted to make sure I wasn't dreaming," I smile, and Connor grins. I'm about to sit down at the table when Jared hops out from behind a bush. Of course. But he's dressed somewhat formally? He speed walks to my chair and pulls it out for me to sit in. I look at him, confused, but he just smiles at me. I sit, and then he speed walks to the other end of the table, although the table isn't that big, and gets Connor's chair for him. I try my hardest not to giggle when Jared looks at him bluntly and Connor slips him a twenty under the table.

Jared then walks back to the bush and grabs Alana. Together, they walk over with food, and place it in front of Connor and I. "Wow," I say. "What's all this for?"

"You. I feel like I haven't gotten the chance to properly thank you and tell you how much I love you."

I blush. My head turns towards where we came up the hill because I hear something. Zoe. With her guitar. She smiles at me and mouths "it was his idea", and starts to pluck out a few chords. I look at the horizon that I can see perfectly from the hill. I see trees and buildings below us. I feel like I'm flying above everything, soaring. And I'm doing it with the greatest friends, and boyfriend, in the world.

"I love you too."