Chapter 1

Dior's P.O.V. 

Hi, my name is Dior Rosebelle Potter. I'm 19 years old. You see I'm not your ordinary girl. The difference between you and me, is that I'm blind. I was born blind. I was homeschooled my whole life, so I don't have any friends. Well, if you count your mother and 3 sisters friends then yeah, I'm quite popular. I don't know what I look like, what my favorite color is, blah blah blah, so I can't tell you. I have a Mom who's my best friend since birth. She was so full of life 2 years ago, but that was before my Dad died. When Daddy died, everybody was sad and broken. I was neglected for a month, because they were still mourning, but I didn't mind —I was too. After mom picked herself up, she gave me all the attention I needed. I was never allowed to stay home alone or be in the kitchen. Yeah, I don't know how to cook. And most importantly, I am not allowed outside without guidance. Like I said, I have three sisters. Constance, 28 of age and married to Robert, but they don't live with us. Madeline, 26 of age and works at the bank. Evelyn, 21 of age, just started college and works at a public library and Victoria's Secret at the mall. I guess that's all about me. Now let's go to my boring life story shall we?

~~~~

I woke up by hearing shuffling in my room. I woke my eyes and the shuffling stops. "Good morning Dee, have you seen my lipgloss?"

I look at where Evelyn's voice came from and give her a 'Really? you know I'm blind' look.

"I'm sorry, Dee. Go back to sleep." I sigh and lay back down, but can't get back to sleep so I get out of bed and walk out of my room. 

I make a left so I'm where the stairs are. I start to make my way downstairs, as usual I count the steps. At exactly 13 I'm downstairs I go to my right and when I hear mumbling and pan sizzling, I know I'm in the kitchen. I can smell eggs being baked, so I take one of the chairs and sit down. 

"Good morning, sweetheart," I hear my mom ask me. I smile and say good morning back. Then I hear heels tapping on the tiled kitchen floor, Madeline. 

"Morning mom. Morning Dee." I feel her ruffling my hair, so I try to move away from her hand. Our morning is like this everyday. 

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, I'm gonna have to work late today, so I can't babysit Dee." I hear Evelyn say. 

"What! Why?" my mom asks panicking.

"Because I have to, mom. I need the money for my college tuition." I just stay silent while they argue and at the pancakes that's been put in front of me . 

"I can't come early today either, Madeline?" mom asks Madeline. 

"I'm sorry mom, but I can't either. My boss will fire me if I ask to go home early again." She says and mom lets out a sigh. 

I can stay home by myself. It's okay. It's a piece of cake, right? 

"Mom, it's okay. I can stay home all by myself, it's fine really." I say hoping she wouldn't worry and just work peacefully.

There was silence, so I stayed still, until I heard a sigh. I turned my head towards the person. "Are you sure ? I don't want to leave you alone. I can't leave you alone, but with the bills that need to be paid and your meds, I'm just worried." I felt a hand on mine so I squeezed her hand and smiled. "It's okay, mom." I give her a reassuring smile. Breakfast went as normal as everyday.

I was listening to music when I heard the ding sound from my phone, signalling it was 4 in the afternoon. I got up from the sofa and walked upstairs and lay on my bed. I was pondering on if I should stay inside or should I take a walk outside ? Hmmm... What should I do ? I'm stuck inside everyday. I haven't been on a walk the whole week and it was thursday today. I took my coat and went downstairs. I feel around looking for the closet where my shoes were. I open the door and feel for flats. I finally found them and put them on quick. I go to the bin where umbrella's and my walking stick are. I find it and I stretch my arm wiggling my fingers trying to feel for the doorknob. When I finally got it with so much struggle, I open the door and welcome the fresh air.