Chapter 9: the legend

At the beach...10:00am.Lea's pov

After the beach gathering, Rachel and Jessica has to go home so they left.It was just me and Josh and my surf board.I stand on the beach looking longingly at the ocean. This is wear my mom surfed. I sniff the salty ocean air, then I walk towards the water soon I felt the warm water of the ocean.I go deeper in the water were I couldn't feel the ground, and climb on my surf board. I just sat on my board swishing the water with my feet. The water was so pretty I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

Josh:(padles over to me on his board) the water is beautiful...

Lea:(sigh and nod)

Josh: almost as beautiful as you...

No ones ever said that besides my mom... When I'm with him my heart doesn't feel so broken... I look up and smile.

Lea: thank you...

Josh: your welcome...

We sit there looking out onto the ocean on are boards when suddenly a huge wave comes.

Lea: alright pretty boy lets see how well you can surf...

Josh: is that a challenge, blondie?

We both start swimming away from the big wave... Then I managed to get up on the wave first. I start doing tricks and then next thing I know Josh is right beside me.

Lea: whooo ( I say crusin on the wave)

I haven't surfed in forever,I missed the feeling of it...the wave ended and once again we were sitting on are boards waiting for another big wave.

I look out and a island in the distance far away...

Lea: hey Josh( I say as I don't take my eyes off the island) what's that island over there?

Josh: oh my gosh, uh come with me.

He drags me and my board onto the sand.

Josh: lets go, I gotta do something...

He grabs my hand and runs to a certain direction. A few moments later we were at a small home/shack.
He agresivly knocks on the door.

Josh: yo! Brandon! Its me let me in!

Then a tall guy with beach blonde hair and blue eyes opens the door. He had a fishing hat on and straight face.

Brandon: what? You interuped me in the middle of my science project.

Josh: the island THERE!!!

Brandon: yes dumb dumb we are on an island very good, now go away!!!

Josh: the forbidin island dumb dumb look!

He points over to the island I showed him.

Brandon :omg get in the boat!

We run over to a motor boat and pushed it towards the water.Weclimb in it as we rode closer to the island.

Lea: what's the big deal its an island? And why is it forbidden?

Brandon: do you two not go to school? And by the way , who are you?

He points at me with a confused face.
Before I could answer Rachel And Jessica were swimming to the boat.

Rachel and Jessica: hey guys (climbs in boat) what you doing?

Lea:going to some island.

Rachel and Jessica :cool! can we come too?

Brandon: fine.

Lea: so what's so important about this island?

Brandon: well long ago there used to be a legend of a forbidden island.
It would only appear every thousand years. It was said in the legend that 3 girls would find some mysterious object and get powers.

All 3 girls: powers?

Brandon: yeah

Lea: what kinda powers?

Brandon:(mysterious voice)nobody knows...