Chapter-53{ Travail of inception}

Beginne am Anfang

"Then why can't you be with me?" She asked putting aside her pride. 

His eyes abated for a second or two before they went back at being restless. 

"Because I cannot lose you," He murmured lowly not wanting to say it aloud in case it gets heard. 

"I am losing myself, Manik," She said choking on her words. 

It was a truth how nobody knew how much she was suffering and she couldn't share it with anyone. 

"Each day I am losing myself, I am losing everything I have hope on, I am losing Papa's belief in me, I am losing us. I am losing that purpose for which my mother sacrificed herself..." She sobbed and his hold around her waist tightened. Wasn't he running away for too long? 

"I feel so alone," She admitted and cursed herself next moment for showing him her vulnerability. She didn't want to bring him at her side owing to his weakness which was her state. She didn't want to break down any further. 

Grabbing her from waist, Manik put her on grass pile and stormed out of tent. Nandini sat there bewildered what just happened now. She was trying to open up a little and there he marched out leaving her guilty for speaking at first place. She palmed her face unable to process what went wrong and then cried as loud as she could. She needed to let it out. 

Manik walked past last tent of camp without losing his pace. His lungs ached as he tried to hold the agony any further. Screaming the disquiet, he broke the quiet of night. Holding the giant trunk of tree, he pushed it not wanting to move it but to let out his unease. It was beyond his capacity now to take the pain of seeing her so broken. He was doing this to her by not being with her. He was making her so weak and might just keep doing that. He was a messed up brain with fears ruling his head. He was slave to his demons and she was angel taking the wrath of it. 

He couldn't risk her and that overshadowed everything. He needed to make a world where she was safe. 

___________________

"I would help you"

Nandini smiled at innocent offer and shook her head. 

"I can go and find the man you want," A boy of age 14 or 15 jumped off the rocks and reached Nandini who was sitting on edge of cliff. 

"I am sure You can, Jas," She applauded the spirit. 

"But you won't let me," He sighed and sat beside her. 

Nandini had met Jas when she had returned from castle. He was a young boy who had lost his mother in fire that night when dictator's army had abducted her. Nandini could instantly relate. His father was serving Harshad and that left Jas alone. She would make sure she talks to him once in a day. She didn't want him to feel alone. 

"Because you are too young," Nandini ruffled his hair and he escaped. 

"I am almost of his height now," He said standing up. 

"I might not be as monstrous as him but I still am strong..." He added and Nandini frowned. 

Jas was mentioning Manik. His age didn't help him much when he drew constant comparisons with Manik. Nandini had been noticing it for days now. Jas had seen her crying alone and somehow had deduced it right how Manik was the one she needed. He was trying to be a help thereafter.  Though it wasn't her concern. Adolescence couldn't be helped.  It was his mention which brought back memories of last night where Manik walked away. 

"Jas, go back and have your lunch," Nandini said sternly. 

"But..." He tried to argue but Nandini glared him not wanting that kid to engage into matters he least understood. He walked towards camp leaving Nandini alone with her thoughts.