Vengeance

Gerald POV

Here I was again. Laying beside you while morning light sent a hint of gold to dance along your tanned skin. I didn't want this to end nor change. This was what I wanted and admittedly it took a long time for me to realize it. Through the drinks, drugs, and girls you were always lingering in the back of my mind. I rolled over and grabbed my phone, checking my messages, which included my mom reminding me to take our time coming to get Kamden. It was weird falling in love with another person's kid. I could see myself raising him and teaching him all I know to do and not to do obviously. A sigh escaped my lungs before I sat the phone down and my eyes scanned over your features again. I gingerly sat up, yet your arm coiled around my torso making a chuckle pass my lips.

"Mmmm don't get up yet." You whispered, a playful smile danced across your lips as you barely opened your eyes.

"Your wish is my command." I turned on my side and brought your body against my chest, your hand running over my heart, thumb tapping along with my pulse. "Ash?"

"Mmm?"

"What's on your mind?"

"I hate how you know me so well...."

"I know your secrets baby girl." I laughed quietly before you scooted up slightly so that your face was level with mine, yet your fingers still thumped against my chest.

"I'm gonna start training to fight officially again.... I'm gonna fight Rose... take the belt... and defend it.... I don't care what the doctors say Ger... I need to fight again... It's like being this stay at home mom is-."

"Okay."

"Huh?"

"I said Okay.... I support you..." My eyes searched yours as you nearly giggled.

"And here I thought I would need the whole speech.... you mean it?"

"I mean it." I smirked slightly before we laughed together, your thumping ceased against my chest the moment we stopped laughing. Those familiar beautiful eyes examining my murky brown orbs. My heart started to race in my chest and as if time stopped, you kissed me. Nothing passionate nor crazy, but a simple peck that sent my brain into a frenzy of sensations. You pulled away slowly and I opened my eyes to look in yours before kissing your forehead. No words exchanged as I placed my forehead against yours.

"Ger?"

"Mmmm?"

"I still love you.... you know that right? I mean even when I was with Dom I always cared for you... granted not in the way you wanted. I called Suz and Grady checking in on you occasionally... make sure you were cleaning up your act." You laughed softly and I shrugged, my mind wandering back to the time we spent apart.

"Dom called me... before he died."

"I know... I heard you last night."

"You did?"

"Yeah... when did he call you?" I sighed slightly and sat up, your head settling on my chest.

"A month before he died... He wanted me to promise him that I'd stick around in your life.... He said you were a good influence on me... That I could help watch over Kamden..." I shrugged slightly, hiding the emotions that came along with that conversation. "I told him thanks for not fucking up... You deserved a guy like him." You were silent, in all honesty you probably didn't know what to say considering.

" That's surprising... He knew what you did... Knew what I went through and I was always trying to convince him you were a good person... Cause you are... You were... I think just think fame clouded your vision... You became someone else..." You sat up slightly, my eyes looking into yours as you closed the space between us. I felt like I was in high school again when you kissed me. It wasn't anything crazy or lustful. Your hand held the back of my neck and soon I was flipping us over, my arms holding my weight as I got lost in you. The way our lips felt together was enough to make me gasp for air. You only stopped when you were breathless, your other hand traveling along the side of my torso. " Ger...."

"Mmm?" I cracked a smile and your hand that was on the back of my neck moved to my face. Your thumb tracing my bottom lip.

" If we do this again... Us.... I don't want any bullshit... You gotta be down for me... Only me... I get you gotta sign ass and titties... But at the end of the day I'm in your bed... My lips are on yours... No one else's...." I was mixed with excitement and sheer fear. I was gonna be promising you somethings that I didn't even know I could follow through with ever. I leaned down and brushed my lips against yours in response.

"I promise..." I whispered against your pink brims before once again endulging in their taste and feel against my own. A felt you smile before we both laughed softly and collapsed side by side, your eyes glancing towards me.

"We should get going... I miss my baby boy..."

" Yeah, let's go." You got up, yet I sat there and watched the way your hips swayed as you wandered into the bathroom. I could see the tiny scar on the back of your thigh from the metal fence we climbed as kids, the freckles along your shoulders, and tattoos behind your ear. I got up and followed after you, hiding the smirk that was daring to appear. Dare I say this was finally the right time? Or were we bound for more games? You got in the shower after shedding your clothes, I couldn't help but relearn every curve and mark that graced your skin. I too shed all my clothes before joining you in the shower. We didn't say any other words about what was between us because we knew what was going on. This was like the bay days all over again. Just stronger feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think is going to happen to our lovely couple? Guess correct and you'll earn a shout out in the coming chapter 😉