Zoning Out

Thanks for all the reads!

Ashley POV

Some say touring the world with someone like geazy is like a dream job. To someone like me it is a nightmare and a dream. I glanced to Gerald still fast asleep beside me thankfully. I knew he'd stop me, but it had been a month since I had my accident. Not working out was like Gerald not rapping. I slowly got out of bed and wandered to my suitcase, slipping on some sweatpants and a sports bra before putting on my shoes and grabbing my phone. The clock read five am, giving me at least an hour or two to clear my mind. I grabbed the hotel key and wandered out of the room to the gym on the roof of the Texas hotel. My eyes adjusted to the light and I looked around the gym, taking a deep breath. I started off with a run, to at least see where my body was now; only after setting down my hand wraps on the floor. Already I could feel the toll my body had been through. My five mile run cut down to three as I sat on the floor, out of breath and wrapping my hands. I slowly stood and blinked a few times. The pulsing of a head ache already approaching. Only when I started punching the bag did I hear the door click behind me. I didn't stop till I heard the familiar sound of a throat clearing.

"You shouldn't be working out that harsh... Or at all..." I sat down and took deep breaths before closing my eyes. "Why aren't you talking to me?" I noticed your presence now sitting beside me and opened my eyes.

"You frustrate me... Is this the life you wanted? Signing Tits and asses... Don't even say you don't snort coke... Because I know Gerald... Fuck you ain't even Gerald anymore... You're just Geazy." I couldn't help but laugh bitterly. "You aren't even my best friend anymore... Like who the fuck are you any more..." You cursed under your breath before offering your hand to me.

"Come here..."

" For what?"

"I wanna show you something you stubborn shit head." A weak laugh escaped your brims as I took your hand. We left the gym and went back to your suite. You made me sit at your computer that was sitting on the desk. Gently you slipped the headphones over my ears before clicking around on the screen.

Think about you

I closed my eyes and your hands ran along my arms in a soothing manner. I knew it was about me. Every detail made goosebumps raise along my skin. Even when it was over I kept my eyes closed for a few moments. Slowly I took the head phones off and stood, taking a deep breath.

" What are you thinking?" You whispered and gently took my hand. This was Gerald. The old Gerald I knew. Sensitive and sweet.

" Why you act like someone you're not... You want the world to think you fuck everything that moves? That you do all these drugs and put gold shit in your mouth to look cool.... yet you write like the Ger I knew..." I laughed weakly looking at the screen. My mind zoning out as I saw the one song that made my stomach churn. I unplugged the headphones and clicked play. My memories played along with the song. 

They say, "You know if you loved her

Well then you would have stayed

You could have made a perfect pair that people wouldn't trade"

Trade for nothing, I did though, I had to chase it
Face it, I wasn't born to live a life basic
They say, "you turned your back on us just to go and be an artist
What's a promise anyway when someone breaks it?

I bet he finally gets a shot and then he wastes it
I bet he don't come back for us when he makes it

And if he do it be too late, you gotta face it
'Cause by then there's someone new you've been replaced with
Old friends I grew up with, the girl I fell in love with
Love or hate me depending on how you judge it

"She walked out to this... I remember... I remember the look on her face as I took in these lyrics... She smirked at me and had this wild look in her eyes..." 

"Ash..." You whispered and hit pause. "She was using steroids... she cheated."

"I know... but she knew my weakness. My feelings for you..." I felt my eyes water as I crossed my arms. My head was starting to pound as I took a deep breath. "I know Dana want's me to do an interview... What the fuck do I even say?"

"You say the truth... I'm not saying tell anyone about us... about what we were... but that you had an unfair fight. She didn't fight fare... You didn't stand a chance. Dominick said it himself and even though I don't like the prick I agree with him." I glanced to you before rolling my eyes.

"Dom isn't a prick."

"You slept with him... he's a prick to me. I was so fucking jealous seeing you walk out with him that night and the next day wearing his jacket..." Your jaw tensed slightly and I laughed.

"Don't start a flight with him... he'll knock your pretty little ass out."

"Don't count on it." You smirked before kissing my cheek. You kept talking yet I didn't hear a word. Was this the life I was stuck living now? Amber Davis possible girlfriend of Geazy or just a bed warmer? Touring the world and no longer fighting for her dream. The girl who couldn't recover from getting the living shit beat out of her by a man in a woman's body. I felt your lips on my cheek and I blinked a few times. I'd lost myself the moment I lost that fight even though it didn't count. As for you... I lost Gerald a long time ago.