The Truth Hurts

Ashley POV

I stared at her, my heart beat in my ears. I wanted scream and beat the shit out of something.

"You can't fight for at least a year... No combat..." I didn't even notice the tears sliding down my face.

"It's all I know... Fighting is all I know.... I... I need to fight!" I felt like I was gonna be sick, my stomach knotted up in seconds. You sat down and took my hand, yet I barely felt a thing.

"I'm sorry Miss Davis but the blow you sustained could have killed you. There is no way we can clear you any time soon to fight. I would be writing off on your death sentence and I couldn't as a doctor live with myself." She looked back at her clipboard before sighing. "With that being said I'm putting you back on the medications mentioned in your records. Your doctor's back in America had you on the antidepressants if I'm correct and I've already written your prescriptions." She sat the filled out notes on the table by the door. " My hands are tied Miss Davis... I'm sorry." I didn't even look up. I felt your eyes burning a hole into my head, everyone else had been out to get food yet you were persistent on staying. I was just glad she didn't dig too far into my medical history. There were things I didn't want you to know let alone needed to know.

"Ash..."

"Can you just go...?" I looked up, looking into your eyes. "You act like you care Gerald and it's cute because I know you'll get bored and leave. That's what you do best." I shrugged before brushing away my tears. You sighed and looked down.

"Ash stop... Listen we'll get another doctor's opinion back in the states." I shrugged and slowly got off the bed, digging in my duffle bag.

" It doesn't matter... I can't fight for awhile..." You sighed and grabbed my hand so I would turn to you before taking my face in your hands.

"Look at me... I'm not going anywhere. When I saw you get hit I... I felt like I was going to be sick and we rushed here.... You can tour with me and get your mind right while your body heals Ash...." I stopped looking in your eyes when you finished talking. In all honest I didn't have anything better to do, but then again the idea of touring the world seemed overwhelming especially with you.

"I dunno Ger... I just wanna go home... Clear my mind... I have to come to terms with the idea that I'll never fight again... It's a possibility you heard her say it." You nodded slowly before running your fingers through your hair in frustration.

"Yeah you're right... You want one of us to at least come with you?"

" You all are needed on tour it's fine." I sat back down, looking through the discharge papers before scribbling my name. I'd lose my mind on all those pills again. Then again the cause behind all of it was standing right beside my bed in a leather jacket. I grabbed my duffle yet Gerald grabbed it from my hand before following after me down the hall. People turned their heads as I walked down the hall. They all knew what happened that is if they were a UFC fan, then again it was probably on the news. The first ever person to nearly die in that ring.

"Miss Davis... you can't sign your discharge papers.... I assumed you understood..." The doctor stopped me in my tracks after I had dropped the papers off at the desk. "I'm only releasing you into the care of Mr. Gillum or unless you have someone else that can keep an eye on you.

"You've got to be fucking with me...." I mumbled before shooting a glare at her. I had to control my anger, but right now it was almost getting the best of me.

"I've got it don't worry..." Ger sighed and took the papers, scribbling your name next to mine before taking my hand in your free one. "Come on lets get you out of here...."

"Gerald you can't go to California with me, you've got a show coming up."

"Watch me. We'll take the jet and be back in plenty of time... I'm not letting you down this time..." You said it as if to reassure yourself. Your hand now seemingly gripped mine as if you were the one needing strength. I glanced to your face, your eyes so focused. It almost felt like old times. Back when we use to leave school together. When things made fucking sense.

"Gerald..." You kept walking and walking. "Gerald!" You stopped and looked in my eyes. Those chocolate hues that seemed to pull me in like a rope around my throat. I placed my hand behind your neck and kissed you roughly. You felt right. It felt like before I left to go fight. All of these emotions blending back to the beginning of what really was us. I only pulled away slightly, just to see that confused yet pleased look on your face. "Thank you.... for sticking around even though I'm being a complete hard head right now." You chuckled slightly before nodding. You called up everyone and told them to meet at the jet, yet obviously you had time to tell them all what had happened. They all gave me a sympathetic look once I boarded and sat down beside you.

The world knew what had happened. The people I cared about knew what had happened. Yet I think I was still coming to terms with the fact that I could possibly never fight again. I bit down on my lip looking out the window as I held back the tears. This was just the beginning of our new story. A chance to meet up again at the right time in hopes that everything would work out in our favour. Yet life never seemed to be easy for us.