Chapter 1 - "Bite me"

James

The pounding on my door woke me from my few hours of sleep.

"Open up the door James!" I forgot that I locked the door last night hoping that it would drain out all the noise because I couldn't study.

I could almost never study in this house. Yeah, I study.

I scramble out of my bed, almost tripping over my own feet. "Don't you ever close this door, do you understand me?" Dad asks and I just wobble my head. "Why did you even lock the door?"

"I was busy with schoolwork," I answer getting my glasses from my bedside table.

"You're late again, you overslept." I sigh running to my dresser pulling out some clothes. I'm always late because I can't sleep at night. I brush my teeth, comb my hair and run to the kitchen seeing mom's red and swollen face.

I knew they fought last night. I could hear them arguing and cursing. The fights only get worse as the days pass on. Luckily it's mostly arguments. They both wanted to get a divorce, but they don't have the money.

My mom didn't study, that she could look after my brother. So she doesn't have a job right now. Mom got him when she was a teenager, and that's when it all started.

She tried to smile while I grab an apple from the fridge. "Mom," is all I say while I peck her cheek.

"Enjoy school!" She shouts as I ran to the bus. I like to be on time, but I'm always running late. I'm a punctuate person, I like order and rules. Not most kids do, but I do.

Without it, I would be a total mess.

It has already taken off, so I tried to catch it, but no luck. Doughnuts! I missed it, again. I send a text to one of my friends, Jasper, to pick me up, but he responded that he was already at school. This sucks.

I guess I'll just have to walk then. Yes, and be an hour and a half- at the minimum- late. Perfect. So, I started walking, but what caught my attention was the motorcycle parked next door. I didn't know that Lisa, who is probably fifty, had a bike. Well, she has a daughter who is a few years older than me, but she's in college. Weird.

I was about to walk by the house when a girl stepped out of the house and walked over to the motorcycle. She didn't see me, because she has her earphones on and her head is wobbling to the beat. I can hear her faint voice while she sings.

She must be around my age, I guess. Her outfit isn't something you see around here. She looks wild with her ends of her hair dyed purple and blue, her boots, with her ripped pants, along with a t-shirt saying 'Bite me'.

Her motorcycle did have a scull on the side, which definitely freaked me out. But all in all, I think she looks so cool. I admire her facial beauty until she looked up when she wanted to put her helmet on.

That's when she saw me staring at her. She smirked at me and waved her hand. I thought she was waving at someone else, so I looked behind me, but no one was there. When I turned back around she chuckled and I could feel my cheeks burning. So I waved back.

"Hey stranger," she said. I mumbled a 'hi'. "What are you doing here?" She asked me.

"I-I uh I my ride- well I'm late." She smiled and handed me another helmet.

"Need a ride to school?" She asked and I just nod. "Hop on." She pats the seat behind her. I climbed onto the motorcycle, which I still can't believe I'm doing. "Just hold on." She said as we took off, I was so scared that I grabbed onto her waist making her laugh.

Even though she can't see me, I blushed again. I gave her the directions and she parked in front of the school so I could just jump off.

"T-thanks." I mumbled and she nods while taking off her helmet. I gave her back mine and scrambled to the building. Five minutes is enough time to get to my class, right?

Just when I stepped into the class, the bell rang. I took my seat next to Jasper, who was busy playing some game on his phone. "Did you really walk all the way here?" He asks me.

"Uh no, I got a ride," I said taking out my books.

"From who?"

"Some girl." He stopped playing on his phone and gaped at me.

"You're joking, right?" I don't talk to the female species at all, so seeing him reacting that way didn't shock me. I shook my head, "Is she like, our age?" I nod. "Do you know her?" I shook my head.

"Bu-"

"Mr. Brown since you're so busy talking, can you come over here?" Mr. Martin motioned for me to step outside the classroom. "You're one of my top students, and I know you'll catch up on this homework later. So do you mind showing our new student around?" I nod.

"Thanks, James, she just went to get her schedule, so you can have this pass." He hands me a signed paper and I walked to the reception.

I stood there waiting for 'her'. I don't even know what she looks like now I must show her around. I quickly fetched my chemistry book from my locker, along with my notepad that I couldn't get this morning, because I was late.

I turned around and bumped into someone letting my books fall along with theirs. "Idiot," I could hear the person mutter, and I felt so dumb. I couldn't see how the person looked like since she was wearing a hoodie. She picked up her books, and I mine too.

I mutter a 'sorry', but as quickly as I bumped into her, she was out of my sight. I walked back to get to the new person, but the bell rang. I guess someone else just has to show the girl around then.

I turned back around to get to chemistry, and the hooded girl was standing there fidgeting with her locker. She finally opened it and threw all her books inside. She blew a bubble and a teacher walked by, "No gum." Mrs. Nelson said.

The hooded girl takes the gum out of her mouth and sticks it onto the locker next to hers. Mrs. Nelson sighed and muttered something I couldn't hear.

Some guy stopped and talked to her, she chuckled and took off her hoodie. She placed it into her locker.

It's her.

It's the girl who gave me a ride.

***

Song >> Just hold on By Louis Tomlinson

Question >> Chocolate or ice- cream?

Chapter dedication >> wiidsimone