I can't help I am punny Y/n

I literally have only written the title and I already know I am getting a bunch of eye roll comments because WHEN THE AUTHOR LEAVES PUNS IN THEIR WRITING AS AN A/N IT IS SINFUL BUT GOD FORBID I WRITE ETHAN WHO 10/10 WOULD PULL THIS AS A PUN MASTER.

THIS IS FOR YOU ETHAN- I SEE YOUR PUNS.

So I have been working in this coffee shop for the past couple months, It's me, my boss Matt and his lovely wife Rian, and Ethan. We weren't just the new coffee shop on the block though

We were a gaming coffee shop.

You have everything from tables for board games like Uno or BS where you have a couple people playing- then you guys had Big Mama. Big Mama wasn't a game- it was a table and the second one person sat the table you just knew even if it was just them at the moment.

Dungeons and Dragons with many players.

Those days were the days where the shop was packed, busy and loud. It happened at least once a week and that is given the idea that another group doesn't decide to come in impromptu and start playing D&D. Matt was really kicking himself by the 3rd week for getting not one but two big mama tables. It brought business but you can really only handle so much D&D in one month.

I worked Weds- Sunday and Ethan worked Mon-Friday. So sometimes I try to come in on a Monday or a Tuesday to check in with him. Plus, I hate to brag but we have some damn good coffee for a nerd coffee shop. (I'm a nerd too don't hate me for that line)

Today was Saturday, normally you would be working but you had an appointment this morning so Matt and Rian gave you the day off. For whatever reason Ethan jumped immediately at covering your shift. Then denied getting paid extra for the day? Eh, whatever Ethan is a wacky friend of mine this is probably just him being him. If there is a thing to know about Ethan, it's he does what he knows. What he is doing may make no sense whatsoever in the moment but it eventually makes total sense. That's what I loved the most about working with him- we became best friends immediately.

Ethan goes to the rival school of mine. We were both Seniors in high school and planned to stay in town- keeping our coffee shop jobs with the sweetest couple alive. HECK THEY CONSIDERED GETTING AN OFFICAL D&D TABLE I FORGOT PEOPLE STILL PLAY D&D AND THEY HAVE A ROLEPLAYING FRIDAY- TO THINK OF ALL OF THIS AND CLEVER GAMING COFFEE NAMES THEY ARE PERFECT.

My inner thoughts were stopped when my phone started vibrating in my hand. I was walking in to go to my doctor's appointment and it is Rian calling me.

"Hey, Rian, what's up?" You say in a quiet voice as you were now in a doctor's office.

"Hey Y/n, I hope I am not disturbing you," She says in the sweet southern tone she had.

"No no, I am in the Doctor's office, I have plenty of time to kill and talk," I say growing a little bit more volume- Eh no one's here it's fine.

"Oh, you are right half the battle of doctor's offices is just paperwork, waiting and payment. But anywho, I was wondering if you could pick up my wallet, I am at the shop with Ethan and Matt I left my wallet at home and so if you are okay with it could you come over to get my key and go get my wallet? Plus I want to see my beautiful adopted little daughter," Rian and I were very close, people would always joke that I was her daughter and so it just became this big gag that we were mother and daughter.

"Of course! I will text you when I am leaving the doctor's office and I will drop by! I will probably get a coffee too," I say as we both say our goodbye's.

----------------------------------------Perspective switch to an outside source------------------------------

"Oh man, she bought it! She is going to text me when she is leaving the doctor's office!" Rian says cheerfully.