Chapter 11: Yeah Right, and I'm The Pope...

(Nessa's POV)
When I came to I realized I was warm and laying on something soft. I looked to my left and found Ak asleep in a chair next to me. His face was relaxed though he looked as though he was crying. I sat up slowly, carefully trying not to wake him. As I tried to stand up, I noticed that I wasn't in any pain anymore. The medicine I was given at the prison actually worked, which seemed odd, I didn't think that Red had a doctor in his group.

I took a look around the cottage, Ak and I were the only ones here.....

"Strange," I said softly. "Where did Nick and Husky go?"

"They went back to the prison, rescue mission. Alexa and Wild went too, not sure about Wolfen."

I jumped at the sudden sound of Ak's voice behind me. I looked at him nervously, wondering what he was going to say.

"How are you feeling, Ness?" Ak asked as he walked over to me.

"Better than I was."

"Your voice sounds better too," suspicion filled Ak's voice. "Better than it should at this point."

"I'm a fast healer," I said quickly. "Sky and I always were...."

"Are you hungry?"

I nodded as Ak went to the kitchen area and opened the fridge at the same time the back door opened. I looked over to see Wolfen's usual scowl directed at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You don't seem like you were just attacked by cannibals, with the beating Ak said you went though, and with how bad your injuries were, you shouldn't be able to be on your feet for at least a week."

"I'm a fast healer."

"Yeah right, and I'm the Pope."

"Lay off her Wolfen," Ak said, handing me an apple. "All people are different."

"I understand that Ak, but just a few hours ago she couldn't even stand up. I'm a fast healer too, but if I had her injuries, I'd still be bed ridden at this point."

(Wolfen's POV)
I glared at Ak, furious that wouldn't accept that something just wasn't right.

"You know what, Wolfen, I think you need to go outside and cool off." Ak snapped.

In a blind rage I strode over to Nessa and pulled her shirt up, exposing her stomach. She protested and pushed at me full force. I looked up and met her eyes and she froze.

"You had a huge bruise there an hour ago, and now it's gone. How do you explain that?"

"Let go of her, Wolfen!"

"No, Ak! Something isn't right here and you know it. She's fully healed, that shouldn't be. Now I want an answer from Nessa. What are you hid-"

I was cut off by a right hook that Nessa threw my way. I let go of her shirt and stumbled back a few steps. I glared at her then looked at Ak.

"Do you believe me now?!"

Ak didn't say a word as he approached Nessa. His eyes met hers and they stood there quietly for a few minutes. When Ak started to reach for her hand, she kneed him in the gut and pushed him back, making a break for the front door. I caught Ak before he hit the floor as he groaned holding his stomach. I laid him the rest of the way down and took off after Nessa.

She hadn't gotten too far before she slipped on the ice. She scrambled to her feet as I closed most of the distance. I jumped at her but she managed to make a sharp right and ran into the trees. By the time I got to my feet she was gone. I knew how thick the forest was so there was no way I'd be able to catch her. She had no weapons so it was a matter of time before a walker got to her. I returned to the cabin to make sure Ak was ok.