Hopeless Changes Over Time

Começar do início

"Obviously we have been set up. I didn't know you were going to be here either." I pretend to be distracted by something near us then I say. " I was going to invite you but I didn't know if that would have been okay.

" I would have said yes," Dylan answers, staring with her endless eyes again. My heart flutters in my chest.

I clear my throat. We at the front of the line so we split up to buy our tickets, for whatever action movie we were seeing, from the two separate box office cashiers and then somehow without my knowledge we come back together again to head over to the concessions.

Derek and Camille bought a large popcorn and drink to share. While Erin and Paul were still debating on what they wanted and out of instinct I looked at Dylan to ask her what she wanted to get like we were supposed to make that decision together.

It scares me how much it feels like we are on a date right now. It scares me more how much I think I want that to be true.

But at the same time, I'm happy with the way things are.

"I'm not buying anything. It's way too expensive."

I decide the same remembering that I need to be frugal just in case I need the money later. " Yeah, I don't want anything."

Dylan winks at me then like she was hoping I would say that. I give her a quizzical look, not really getting what the wink was for but she just grins and says nothing.

Derek looks at his watch and tells us that the movie is about to start.

Paul and Erin finally decided on nachos and candy.

Of course, as we went into the theater I knew I will have a spot next to Dylan since technically everyone else was on a date.

Like I predicted, I am seated in the middle of Dylan and Erin. Erin probably set it up this way so she can see all the action that she thinks will be happening between us. Obviously, that's all in her head.

As the lights dim, I can faintly see Dylan starting to rummage around in her jacket for something. But then my focus turns to the trailers for movie.

When the movie finally begins to play, I begin to hear the crumbling of plastic which I assume to be coming from Erin, because she bought candy so I pay it no mind.

Then I feel a hand lightly touching mine. My eyes widen and my heart begins to gallop like a field of horses.

I know that it's Dylan's hand touching mine.

I sit rigidly still as I feel her flip my hand over with my palm facing up. I don't dare turn my head toward her. I just wait for her to slip her hand into mine.

That's when I feel skittles tumble into my palm.

That's when I look at Dylan with a questioning look. Of course, I'm wondering where she got them but it doesn't take a genius to know she snuck them in.

She looks at me with the very amused face and a huge grin. Then Dylan winks. I realize that this is what she was trying to tell me at the snack bar.

I start stifling my giggles that are rising in my chest, not wanting the other people around us to hear me laughing like a idiot. Leave it to her to sneak snacks into the theatre. Honestly, I don't blame her for those prices.

Then my breathe catches and my giggles stop as she leans into me. I can smell the vanilla lotion that she never stops using. The smell of mint left over from her gum also runs over my skin and I try not to shiver as her body heat enters my atmosphere.

Dylan whispers in my ear, " I got more snacks if you want them." I can hear the mirth in her voice. I just mouth thanks back because I know if I turn my head we will be face to face.