CHAPTER LXXVII

CHAPTER LXXVII The final bell had rung half an hour ago

CHAPTER LXXVII
The final bell had rung half an hour ago. Mr. Rider was sat at the front of the classroom with his ankles crossed. He threw a board marker up in the air and caught it with ease. Hooded forest-green eyes were slanted slightly, roaming the classroom full of tired and grouchy students. "Aside from Cleo, the front row may leave. Quietly." Students rushed from the class.

"Sucks to be you," Velvet crammed her textbook and papers in her bag, pushing her flyaway hairs behind her ears. "See ya."

"Aside from Mr. Griffin and Mr. Fox, the second row and third row may leave."

Insentiently, I leaned against the wall, angled towards the classroom behind me, and watched unattentively as the students hurried from their seats.

A classmate with an ego as large as a boulder deliberately brushed hands with a classmate bedecked in varying shades of black as she passed by him. A thin veil of hair obscured her face as she creased her expression in confusion but not before she noticeably flinched from the small contact. Her head raised and beady black eyes met my fixed gaze briefly and then she scurried from the classroom, her skirt swishing around her legs.

"Jealous?" Xander taunted, leaning forward in his chair. The back legs were lifted from the ground. I hoped he would topple forth and slam his chin onto his desk, biting his tongue and flooding his mouth with blood. He remained steady, teasing blue eyes alight with mirth.

"Of Oran?" My contempt was made clear.

Leif delayed the back row from leaving as he strayed at the front of the classroom, a handful of half-completed homework booklets in his hands, querying Mr. Rider on his answers.

"You'll always be my number one."

"I'm a little too old for you, don't you think?" I raked my gaze across his face, searching and failing to find what I was seeking. He was incredibly disappointing to look at. I was a hair's width away from losing interest completely. "Maybe if I had pigtails, braces and a flat chest."

His gaze dipped as his voice lowered in desire. "You're fine as you are. Finer than China."

I cringed. "Staining your pants in the middle of school is a new low even for you."

"How about we take this elsewhere?"

"I'm going to tick the box for never-going-to-fucking-happen."

"Our private messages say otherwise."

"Which?" I cocked an eyebrow in challenge. "I haven't accepted a single request from you. Unless you're talking to a catfish account."

"Give it up." Zachery advised from behind him.

"We all know who's the queen of catfish." My gaze flickered over to Leif who was heavily engrossed in whatever explanation Mr. Rider was giving him for section two, part B. "Does his dirty talk make you hard? Are you jerking yourself off to the sounds of his soft breaths? We all know he can pass off as feminine. Just ask Velvet."