[Two]

The Next Morning

*Alarm goes off*

I turned my alarm off of my phone. "5:00" it read. I looked over at O who was still asleep.

"Bro, get up, we got practice in 30 minutes" I said. He didn't budge.  "Lord not today" I said to myself.  I threw one of my slides at him. "Man get up, we got practice" I said louder. This time he moved.

I got up, went to the bathroom and did my usual morning routine before throwing on some grey joggers and a black hoodie. "Call and make sure Jarvis up" I said getting my other slide from the side of my bed.

"I already did, he gon meet us downstairs in the main hall" he replied.

Downstairs

"Did you text that girl from last night?" Jarvis asked. I honestly thought that was a dream not remembering who he was talking about.

"Oh you mean Arielle? Nah not yet. " I said pulling out my phone.

"Text her while we walk to the locker room. Send her a cute good morning message " he said laughing.

"Man shut up" I said typing in the number she gave me and texting it.

We made our way to the locker room and got ready for practice. "Here's your jersey Davis" Coach Miles threw to me. "Welcome to the team son" he said before walking off

He gave me #22 with DAVIS stitched on the back. "Number 22 huh, I see you bro" Odell said putting on his #3 jersey. Jarvis came over with his #80 jersey. "Just like my big bro" he said holding up his jersey.

During Practice

During Practice

The first team was on the field. So I was on the side with all the other backups getting water.

"Different than Ohio State huh?" our Linebacker Duke Riley said to me.

"Yea way different. Practice seems like games here." I said

"Welcome to the SEC bro" he said laughing and hitting me on my back.

Im so used to being on the field as soon as practice starts. I've always been a first teamer never a back up. So that really messed me up and little but only made me want it more.

Whistle Blows

"Alright Second Team on. First team off!" Coach Miles Barked.

I lined up guarding Kevin Boone who was way taller than me. Quarter back saw the disadvantage right away and called a hot route for him.