Part 7

....I'm alive..? Great way to start an intro, cake. Reeaall great. Here you guys go.
----
(Y/N)'s POV

Once Major Armstrong released us from that hug that could have killed 70 grown men, we finished up with what we needed and headed to bed. I walked into my old room. It looked grey almost because of all the dust. Looks like they haven't moved a thing since I was last here (Which was like 50 years ago (joking)).
I stood at the doorway, taking in all the features I've forgotten.
"Hey (Y/N), are you going to actually sleep or are you going to stand at the doorway all night?" I heard Ed ask from behind me. I turned around to look at him and smirked.
"I don't know, maybe I like standing here. You don't know me." I replied. He rolled his eyes.
"Well, just don't fall asleep on the floor, 'kay?" He chuckled. I nodded as a response. "Night, (Y/N)." He said and walked off to the guest room. I was silent. In all honesty, I really didn't want to stay in this room. It just felt so...unwelcoming. I sighed.
"Uh...hey Ed?" I called. Ed stopped walking and looked over his shoulder.
"Yeah?" He asked. I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.
"You know, uh, would you mind if I hang out with you tonight?" I asked.
"Why? What's wrong with your room?" Ed said. I looked in my room and back at him and shrugged. He smiled and combed back his hair with his fingers. "All right." I smiled and walk over to him.
----
It was the next morning.
I woke up early due to a drilling noise. I looked around to room. I guess I fell asleep on this chair. And Ed was still asleep. There was that drilling noise again. I got up from my chair and walked out of the room while trying not to wake up Ed.
I walked down the hallway and followed the sound. I got to the room where the noise came from and peered in.
Winry was at her desk, hunched over, and working on the automail. I chuckled a bit as I stood at the doorway.
"Nothing had changed, huh? Still being an early bird and working on stuff?" I asked with a smirk.
"Kinda. I've been up all night." She replied. My smirk soon faded.
"Well when will you be dooonneee???" I whined.
"When will you stop annoying me?" She raised her voice.
"When you're done." I crossed my arms and put on a smug face.
"Then I guess I won't be done anytime soon, huh?" She retorted. I groaned.
"Then I guess I won't be done anytime soon. Psh." I mocked as I made my way out of the room.
"I heard that!" She called.
"Good!" I yelled back. I walked downstairs to the kitchen to start getting breakfast prepared.
----
After breakfast Ed and I walked out front to talk with Al for a bit.
"You two are being so impatient. They said they would be done in three days, so give them three days." Al said.
"Yeah, you're right." Ed said and sighed. "It's just that when I think of a clue to the stone sitting in Central Library somewhere, I get so impatient!!" Ed whined as he flailed his arm and legs. And, as if this was planned, Winry came running out with two automail arms in hand.
"Here you guys go," She said running to us. "They're all ready!"
Then came the hard part. As if waiting wasn't hard enough.
Ed and I sat on the couch. He was first to get his automail attached. Oh the count of three they attached his automail.
"1..2..3!" He made a noise of pain but it was over so he was fine.
"That's always the worst part! Once we have the philosophers stone we can kiss that pain goodbye, huh, (Y/-" I cut him off.
"GAH!! Frick!!" I cursed through clenched teeth. "Yep! Can't wait!"
"Our biggest source of income... I'll be sad to see you two go." Pinako said as she tightened the automail to Ed's nerves and Winry did the same to mine. Almost simultaneously, Ed and I yelped and whined.
"Both of you hold still! We're going to mess up!" Winry scolded. Once they finished, Winry went into crazy gear-head mode and had one of her freaky automail fantasies.
We tested out our automail and made sure that they worked well while Winry spewed something about The chrome in it and whatever.
"Al's turn!" I said as the two of us ran out to fix Al.
"Hey! Listen up!" She called but we were already out the door.
Ed preformed the alchemy and fix up Al in a second.
"There ya go! You're good as new! You really to try it out?" Ed asked.
"Yeah!" Al answered and they ran out to the grassy part to practice. I sat on the stairs with Pinako.
"It will be quiet around here without you three." She said and took a huff of her pipe.
---
Night time came much sooner than I thought. Ed was lying out on the couch and I helped clean up the dishes and table from dinner. I walked out of the kitchen to the living room and sat by his head. He smirked and put his head on my lap. "You're my pillow now."
I sighed.
"Oh come on."
----
He passed out without a problem soon after.
"Haha he sure does snore." I chuckled.
"He's sleeping out with his tummy out again." Al sighed. "What are we gonna do with him?"
"It like you're the older one, huh, Al?" Pinako joked as she walked over.
"Whoa. Hey!" I interjected.
"They can be a handful." Al said.
"You guys do know I'm not asleep, right?" I mentioned.
"Someone has to look after them though." Al continued.
"Don't act like you're the most mature." I mumbled.
"How old are the three of you now?" Pinako asked.
"I'm 14. Brother is 15." Al said.
"I'm turning 16 soon." I said.
Winry walked over and sat by his feet.
"To think someone as young and small as him could be used as a human weapon. It's almost funny, especially watching him sleep." She said and smiled.
"Thank you, both of you." Al said out of nowhere. "I'm so grateful to you for always welcoming us like we're really family. He won't ever say it but, I know brother feels the same way." Al finished.
"Don't worry dear. We know he feels that way too. He doesn't have to say it." Pinako said.
"Thank you, guys. For everything." I said and played with Ed's hair before looking at them.
----
It was early in the morning and time for us to head back to central.
"Thank you again for everything." I said to Pinako.
"Sure." She said.
"Hey, where's Winry?" Al asked.
"She's resting. She stayed up three night in a row. Would you like me to wake her?" Pinako offered.
"Nah it's okay. She'd just nag us. 'Make sure to do your maintenance' or whatever." Ed said all ready walking down the dirt road.
"Tell her we said thanks though." I said and started walking.
"Hold up, you three." Pinako called.
"You should come back once in a while and have dinner with us."
We chuckled.
"You want us to come all this way into the mountains just to have dinner?" Ed joked. Pinako chuckled.
"Ed, Al, (Y/N). Come back soon, 'kay?" A tired Winry called from the balcony.
"Yep! Will do!" I called back and waved and so did the boys. With that we made our way down the road.