Part 6

Hey! I'm sorry guys I really am! But here I am and here's part 6!
--------
(Y/N)'s POV
"Guess your growth's not completely stumped after all!" Winry teased as Pinako measured Ed's regular leg to his automail one.
"Shut up!" He snapped back.
"We'll have to build is from scratch." Pinako said, tapping her pipe against his leg.
"Is there any chance you could get it done in a week?" Ed asked.
"Oh please. Give us some credit. We'll have it by three days." She said taking a huff from from her pipe and blowing it out. I swatted the gross smelling smoke out of the air around me. Winry went and took off Ed's leg and reattached a simpler one for him to use while they worked on his original one.
"So you can really get Ed's arm and leg and my arm done in three days?" I asked.
"Duh. We're not amateurs!" Winry smirked. "Of course it is gonna be three all nighters..." she finished.
"Sorry for all the trouble." Ed said.
"Well you guys want to get to central as soon as possible right? Then I'll work my butt of for you! But don't think you'll get out of paying a fortune!" Winry said with a smile.
******
While Pinako and Winry worked on the automail, I sat on the floor next to Winry's desk, where she worked, and watched her. It's really pretty amazing that they can do this in three days. I took a sip of my coffee. Winry put a little thingy at the end of her table, where I was. I reached up to examine it.
"Don't touch that!" She snapped. I quickly put my hand down.
"Okay okay." I said. Just then Ed walked over to me. He asked if he wanted to come with me to visit Trisha's, his mother, grave. I accepted his offer. He held out his hand and I took it and stood up. We told Pinako where we were going and then left.
We walked side by side, quietly, with Den holding the bouquet of flowers in his mouth. We were occasionally greeted by some old friends and we greeted back.
When I first heard the news about Trisha's death, I was heartbroken. She seemed like a second mother to me almost. She was around even after my mother died. I cancelled everything the military had to offer me and attended her funeral. It was almost the same as my parents funeral but this time, something clicked in my head. It was the fact that no matter how much you adore something, no matter how much you love and take care of it, it will always leave. That was the day I became distant from everything and everyone except for my duties at the military.
"Thank you for coming with me." Ed said, snapping me back into reality.
"Yeah...I kinda wanted to visit Trisha myself." I said. I heard Ed chuckle softly. We turned into the cemetery, where Trisha and my parents were buried. We stayed there for awhile after visiting Trisha and my parents.
Something went off in Ed's head and he quickly looked at a old tree. It look dead and fading.
"Come with me." He said and started leading me to where the tree was.
When we arrived, I saw what it really was. It was an old burned down house, near the area where Ed and Al's house was.
"Uh...Ed..? Why did you take me here? Where's your and Al's house?" I asked looking around for their house.
"Here." He responded. I looked at him then and the rubble in front of us.
"What?" I questioned.
"This was my house." He answered. I stared at it again.
"What did you do when I was gone...?" I whispered with a sad crack in my voice.
"Al and I promised that we'd never turn back to the past. With no house to come home to...we would never turn back." Ed explained. I stayed silent. I looked down at Den, whom returned the look.
"We should start heading back." I said as I sniffed quietly and wiped away a fallen tear.
"Yeah. You're right." He said. He took my hand in his. "Please don't cry (Y/N)." After that we walked home, silent, hand in hand. Well for most of the time. I let go almost halfway back because I felt weird about it but I'm not sure why.
Once we opened the door we were greeted by a sobbing Armstrong. He crushed both of us in a literally killer embrace.
"What brave souls you two are! What a tremendous sacrifice to give up your limbs for someone you love! What determination you both have for leaving everything behind and making sure there was no retreat! Come you two! Allow me to give you a comforting embrace!" Armstrong declared ripping his shirt off.
"Stay away!" I screamed. But that didn't stop him from crushing us again in his so called "comforting embrace"!
--------
So...how was it? Hehe..yeah sorry again my dudes but I guess I just...flopped..? Anyways I hoped you guys liked it and thanks for reading. See ya next chapter.