Chapter 4 (part 1)

Hey guys! 1. I'm so sorry! It's literally been forever!! I am so so SO sorry! 2. it's a new chapter! It's been awhile! Well anyways, in the last chapter Scar attacked you three and yeah. Enjoy~!

(Y/N POV)
We were on the train that was going to Resembool (I hope I spelled that right) to go see Winry, Ed's mechanic. I mean, she's pretty cool but..she can be a buttface. But most of the time she's nice. Then all of a sudden Hughes knocked on the window. Ed opened it. "Lt. Cornel?" Me and Ed questioned. "The folks at eastern command were to busy to come so I came to see you off instead." Hughes said with a pretty blank face. "Oh that's great! But do you mind telling us..." I started. "What the major is doing here?" Ed finished. We both looked at the sparkling Major Armstrong across from us. "For protection. What would happen if scar came up on you again?" Hughes said. "You're in no shape for a fight now Ed. The major's here to help! Just try to grin and bear it!" Hughes finished. "That's what I'm here for! I'll protect all three of them! I'll be the hero!" I said as I pointed to myself (I'll give you a cookie if you know where that's from.). "Children can be so stubborn..." Armstrong said. "Don't call us children!" Me and Ed both yelled. "Anyway, are you sure Al made it on board?" Ed asked. "Of course. I thought he'd get a little lonely without a little comforting..." Armstrong said as Ed yelled at him for putting Al in the back with the sheep. The train whistle blew. "Alright, I better be off. Oh and Y/N..." Hughes started. I looked at him. "Yeah?" I asked. "No matter how strong you are, don't take on scar alone." Hughes finished. "Yeah ok. We'll see ya when we get back!" I said and waved. "Yeah, bye!" Ed said and also waved. We saluted and then the train left.

-a few minutes time skip!-

Ed was already sound asleep, Armstrong was reading a book, and I just sat there looking out the window. It was I long train ride but it was also a pretty quiet one and the sunset looked very nice. Then a baby from somewhere in the train interrupted the peace and quiet. *sigh* -_-

~~~Time skip to when the train arrived at the station~~~

Ed woke up with a yawn and stretch, catching the attention of the Major. Armstrong looked out the window getting up in a hurry and looking out the window. And squashing Ed in the process. "Doctor Marcoh!" Armstrong yelled. "Doctor Marcoh! That is you isn't it? It's me! Alex Louis Armstrong from central!" Armstrong yelled. Me and Ed looked out the window. It seemed as Doctor Marcoh was surprised and a little scared. Then he just started running away. "Friend of yours?" Ed asked. "He's from central. A talented state alchemist. He was researching into possible medical applications of alchemy. But after the Ishvalan Civil War, he went missing-- just disappeared." Major said. "Let's go guys!" Ed said running off the train. "A guy like this doctor might know some useful things about bio-alchemy." Ed continued. I then ran after him. Soon we were off the train walking down the streets of this town. (I don't know where they are! There not in Resembool that's for sure.) Al was in a box and Armstrong was carrying him. We walked up to a random person. "Excuse me, but do you know who this person is by any chance?" Armstrong asked the person. "Wow, major, you can really draw." Ed said. "The art of portraiture has been passed down the Armstrong generations for years!" Armstrong said. I've heard him say that 1000 to many times. "That man looks like Dr. Mauro to me." The guy said. "Mauro?" Armstrong asked. "All of our town's doctors were drafted to help on the battlefield during the civil war... Then Dr. Mauro came here. He's really been a lifesaver." One person said. We asked a few more people. "He'll see any patient and he never gives up on anybody. We're lucky he's here!" Another person said. "You see this big, bright flash of light, and then your cured just like that!" One girl said. "Hmm..." We all looked at each other. Soon we found the place. "This is it." Ed said from the top of the stairs. Once I got up there Ed knocked and opened the door only to be greeted by a gun in his face! The man shot the gun but Ed went out of the way. "Alright tell me what you three are doing here! Have you come to take me back?" Marcoh asked. "Calm down doc!" I said and looked over at Ed who had the most terrified face on. I kinda laughed at his facial expression. "I don't ever want to go back! Anything but that!" Marcoh said still aiming the gun at us. "That's not it. Please listen." Armstrong said. "So you're here to silence me, then?!"

"No nothing like that!"

"I won't be tricked by you!"
The next thing you know Armstrong threw Al, who was in a crate, at Marcoh. "I'll ask you one more time: please, calm down!" Armstrong yelled. "Alphonse!" Me and Ed exclaimed.
-tini time skip-

We all sat at a table with Marcoh. "So, you changed your name and decided to live in hiding way out in the countryside. If the rumors I've heard can be believed, when you disappeared...you took top-secret materials with you." Armstrong said. "I couldn't handle it anymore. Order or no order, to have to dirty my hands researching that thing was too much." "What 'thing' is that?" I asked. "It took so many lives... During the Civil War, so many innocent died because of it." Marcoh looked down. "I could spend my whole life trying and still never atone for the things I've done. But I had to do something so I came here to be a doctor, to save lives instead of taking them."
"Doctor...what exactly was it you were ordered to do research on? What 'thing'?" Armstrong asked.
"The Philosopher Stone."
Ed, Al, and I gasped. "The top-secret materials I took were my research documents...and the stone itself." Marcoh said.

--------------
To be continued....
....
....
Mostly because I don't want you guys waiting any longer. I was like I was dead or something! I'm so sorry! x 1,005!!!! And cliffhanger! Mahahaha! Ok bye! Please don't hate me!