Prepping

I woke at Dawn to Sarge and Fillmore yelling at each other again. But when I walked out of my cone, Mater was awake as well but back to his normal self. I had then noticed that the road was..completed. But I couldn't find McQueen. Doc strolled behind us as well. "He's done? He must've finished it when we was asleep." Mater mentioned. "Good riddance." Doc said and drove off as the rest of the town came. "He's gone?" Flo said. "Well, we wouldn't want him to miss that race of his." Sarge mentioned. Sally grew sad and drove away. Sheriff then sniffled. "Oh dude. Are you cryin'?" Ramone asked him. "No! I'm happy he's gone! I don't have to watch him every second of the day anymore. I'm glad he's gone!" Sheriff exclaimed. Red then got teary eyed and drove off crying. "What's wrong with Red?" I heard McQueen's voice. I turned with a smile on my face. "Oh he's just sad 'cause you left town and went to that big race of yours to win the Piston Cup that you've always dreamed about your whole life and get that old sponsor and that fancy helicopter you was talkin' about." Mater explained. He was silent for a few seconds. "WAIT A MINUTE!!" Mater gasped which made us all laugh. "I knew you wouldn't leave without saying goodbye!" Mater added. "What are you doin' here son? You're going to miss your big race. Come on. I will give you a police guide there." Sheriff offered. "Thanks, Sheriff. But I am not ready to go just yet." McQueen said. "Well why not?" Sheriff asked. "I'm not sure if these tires.." McQueen started. Luigi gasped. "Can get me all the way to California." McQueen finished. "Pit stop?" Guido called out. "Yeah does anybody know when Luigi's tire shop opens?" McQueen asked. Guido and Luigi got really excited. 

After a couple of hours, McQueen was ready for the race. Or I was so told.  As I was walking down the street, Mater called out:" Here she comes!!" Everyone was forming a line as I came closer. "Well hey Ms. Angel." Everyone greeted me in unison. "Alright what's going on?" I asked. "Ladies and gentlemen! Introducing the neeewww, Lightning McQueen!" Mater announced. McQueen revived his engine as he drove to me. "What do you know? Radiator Springs looks good on me." McQueen told me. "I'll say! Ka-Chow!" I exclaimed and McQueen chuckled. "You're gonna look great at your race." I mentioned. "Well yeah but there's something else as well." McQueen said. "Hey is it getting dark out?" McQueen announced. "What? What did he say?" Lizzie said. "Let me try that again. Is it getting dark out?" McQueen announced again. "Now what was I suppose to do?" Lizzie said. Red then kicked the radio station and a song began playing. Lots of neon lights began lighting up on everyone's stores. I felt someone hold my hand. I looked and it was McQueen as his human self. We then began walking around. It was amazing. I noticed Mater and Sally driving around together but I ignored it. Did McQueen really like me instead of Sally? I totally thought he liked Sally more. McQueen and I stood together holding each others hands and staring at each other. "Is that what I think it is?!" Flo exclaimed. "Oh I don't know Flo but I am going to find out hello." I said as I rubbed my shoulder against McQueen's.  "Not that," Flo said. "That!"