Chapter Fifty-Four

Start from the beginning

It rang again, and the guy clicked his tongue, pressing 'decline'. "You're getting a lot of calls, I guess you're pretty popular, aren't you?"

I didn't reply, but I perked up when the guy suddenly turned his head away from me and into another direction. "Ah. You actually came."

"Yes." Mina looked up, and for a split second, we locked eyes. "Now let her go, Miju."

"Come closer, Mina." he motioned.

She narrowed her eyes. "You have a gun pointed at my sister. Why would I?"

He scoffed, "Because I'll shoot her if you don't." he turned the safety off, and Mina sighed and approached him.

Brunette seemed to be smirking, as if expecting something wonderful to happen. And it made me a lot more aware.

From where I was, I see him gripping his knife behind him. He was going to stab her. I knew it.

"No!" I said, feeling myself stand up from the ground and tackle the man. He lost his grip with his knife, making it slide away.

"You better stop." I said, my hand making it's way to his neck. Mina was beside me, closely watching the brunette that started approaching us slowly. "Or.."

"Or what?" he chocked. From beside me, I saw Mina gripping the knife tightly.

I pursed my lips. "Or else I'll stab you."

He scoffed, "You wouldn't be able to."

"I can." my voice sounded so serious and stern, his eyes widened.

"You're fast, girl!" brunette laughed as she started shooting the ceiling. "Next time, I won't hesitate." Her footsteps started becoming more audible. "But you're gonna have to come with me now. You still haven't won."

"Mina dear, you should go." she shrugged and pointed her gun, making me look up. "Or else I'm gonna have to do things my way."

"No." she stood up. "I know Suyung had-"

It all happened way too fast. Two bullets at the same time were too cruel. She dropped on the ground, the knife slipping out of her hands.

"Mina!" my eyes widened, and I scurried next to her. Blood continued to drip from her chest, and I started to press pressure. Two people shot in less than a week, in my hands.. "Please, hang in there."

"Don't die on me!" I said frustratingly.

"Nami..." Mina smiled softly. "I love her... so much."

"Come with me, girl."

I was so horrified and confused, I lay her on the pavement and tore my sleeve. And just when I placed my left hand on the ground for support.

"Bitch." I hear the guy mutter beside me.

My mind couldn't process everything that happened as I looked down on the knife through my hand. I looked around in desperation as the guy started standing up, regaining his strength, and my gaze landed on the gun.

"Yuna!" I started hearing people call for me, and maybe I was dreaming, because all I could focus at the moment was my dying sister.

I scurried for it, and with my right hand, I turned the safety off and shot at whatever I could. The woman held on her stomach, cursing.

"Fucker." she growled, and before she even got to raise her gun, I pulled the trigger again. Curse it for quickly running out of ammo, but they probably weren't prepared for this much of a fight.