Chapter 7

Eren and Levi drove up to the school in Levi's midnight black SUV and walked inside the school before heading towards the Nurse's office. The strong scent of leopard and blood lust invaded their senses and made Eren gag and choke before they got to the Infirmary.

They rushed inside and slammed the door shut like they were escaping from some toxic gas "The hell was that?" Eren asked between bouts of coughing, covering his mouth with his hand and tail.

Levi growled and started to blow his nose into some tissue he grabbed from a box on Hanji's desk. "I don't know, but that was dangerous."

Hanji looked at them with a perplexed expression "What happened to you two?"

Eren spoke first "Someone's scent has filled the hallway, maybe the entire school. It's dripping with so much hatred and killing intent that it's become toxic. You might have to evacuate the school and quarantine the person."

Hanji immediately started dialing up the principal to warn him of what's happening.

"Mama? Daddy?"

The couple turned to faint voice where the little Neko laid, coughing sickly.

Eren ran to her first and scooped her up in his arms. He put their foreheads together and let out a hiss "She has a fever."

Levi started digging through the infirmary's small fridge for a cold compress to place on his daughter's head.

Eren's POV*

Dammit, who could have done this? I wrapped my little girl in a blanket and held her close while we joined the crowds of people outside who were escaping from the school. While we were getting into the car, I locked eyes with a familiar leopard that made my blood run cold. "Reiner."

He was dressed neatly much so like a teacher but his eyes were full of hate and that hatred grew when his eyes fell on me, Alice and Levi. I got my baby girl in before the terrors of my past in that horrid house assaulted my memories like a putrid disease.

I kept my head down between my legs to fight off nausea as we drove to the hospital at record speed.

Alice had fallen asleep in her cocoon by the time we got there. The doctors rushed her in while her skin had paled considerably to the color of pale paper.

Levi and I waited while I called Jean and Marco to tell them what happened to their grand baby.

My Alice isn't like other girls, and that's mostly my fault. I had gotten into a few fights during the custody battle at that house and didn't know at the time I was pregnant till that fight with the knife guy. Even though she looks strong on the outside, she is actually quite frail and is very sensitive to other scents.

If anyone excretes distress pheromones, she'll start to gag and pale considerably. There have been times when she had barfed violently when a student had let off distressed pheromones. Who knows what affect this could have on her with hormones at that high of a level! I felt the little life squirm inside me, and tiny hands that belonged to more than one being press against my belly. I rubbed my little bump, imagining my kits or pups purring under my fingers. I wonder how many I'm having, probably a lot from the movement I felt under my fingertips.

Levi looked over at me and rested his hand on top of mine, his silver eyes widening at the sensation under our hands. It was enough to make me purr into a nice nap.

Here I am, on a grassy field with tents surrounding me. And me, or not me, looking directly into my eyes. "So, um what do I call you? Brother, me, soldier?" I started awkwardly while shifting my feet.

He sighed and shook his head "Jaeger or Titan will work I guess. Let's get on with your training, you know how to fight but that won't be enough." he stated matter-of-factly with his arms crossed. "What else do I need to know, Titan?" I asked uncertainly while he started to approach me. "Do you think you can go on the defense instead of offense?" He asked, his eyes swirling with danger in them.

I gulped "Wh-what do you mean?" I took a step back, not liking that look of his.

"Eren, Eren. It's time to wake up sweetie." Silver Eyes whispered into my ear and gently shook me awake. I opened up my eyes to see the nurse standing in front of us, making me jump to my feet "Alice, is she okay?!" I demanded the woman. She gave me a sympathetic smile "Your daughter is fine, she's resting right now. She'll be to go home when she wakes up." The kind lemur nurse said with a smile and told us Ally's room number before walking away.

Jean and Marco plus Armin and a tall blonde guy arrived a few minutes later, I hugged Armin the moment I saw him and held him close while the dogs had their discussions. "Is Alice okay?" Armin sniffled. I wiped his tears away, he's grown up so much since I last saw him. "Of course, big guy. Ally is strong after all." I reassured him before giving him another hug.

"Hey, Eren?" Marco called out to me softly. I patted Armin's back before straightening up and walking over to my rottweiler friend. "What's up, Marco?" I asked, sensing the uneasiness coming from him. He bent down and whispered into my ear "I got a call from a guy claiming to be your father, they were asking about you."

I froze, my ears flat against my head as my tail fluffed up to twice its size "But I don't have a father." I said quietly, faintly recalling the face of a man wearing glasses but that's it.

"He said he wants to meet you tomorrow." Marco informed me before passing me a business card.

'G R I S H A   J A E G E R'

That's what the card read and it sent shock waves to my heart.

"Do you think you can go on defense instead of offense?"  Titan's words echoed in my mind, I think I know what he meant.