1

"Done" I say as I dramatically drop into my new twin sized bed. My body landing with a thud of exhaustion. "Is there room for me?" I hear Tyler's raspy voice ask above me.

I let out a groan and roll over. "I think Tessa should be the one to occupy the spot next to me" I say as I hold my eyes shut.

"Exactly sunny- I am the one who decorated your whole side of the room" my bestfriend laughs jumping on the end of the bed. I feel two spots dip in the bed. My frustration level lifting."you guys suck" I look over to Tyler who has his blue eyes hooked on me and a big pink smile.

"Thank you Tyler for helping me get my things into my dorm-but you are hogging the bed" I roll my eyes at him. My arms trying to nudge him off the bed but he doesn't budge.

"Hey hey! I carried your dresser, mattress, and basically everything else- give the man a break!" He groaned as he threw his hands in the air. My eyes went to my bestfriend who was staring at me with the "same idea"look on her face.

I smile and in sync we grab his arms and legs. His weight was a pretty big issue as he was a boy after all and was 6'3.

"Cool" he sighed as he watched us 'try' to pull him off of my bed."ugh!" I whined and dropped his arms. "Tess- looks like we are gonna have to go get smoothies without this rock " I shrug my shoulders and we hop off the bed. I grab my shoes knowing Tyler would follow.

Tessa was squeaking with joy as she was begging me earlier for some adventuring around campus. We held smiles on our face as we heard heavy footsteps behind us.

"I think I'm ready for a smoothie as well" he says as he slips into his work boots. I roll my eyes and pat his chest."your paying" I laugh, as I lift an eyebrow.

His smile dropped as we pushed the door open and onto the new sidewalk we would all be walking for four years.
The scenery in front of us held a big oak tree and fresh cut grass with many other dorms circling us.

"It's so huge" Tessa sighs as she runs her hands through her hair. She has the tendency of doing that when she gets anxious. And right now she was doing that while jumping on the balls of her feet."come on" I push her back towards the parking lot.

I didn't want to be reminded that we had two weeks before college started. But now that I am living in a dorm and my parents live 40 minutes away- it was hard to get away from reality.

So maybe a smoothie is the way to go.

"Stop thinking Sunny and let's go get a smoothie" Tessa tells me as she hooks arms with me.

"You girls make me cringe you know" Tyler says from behind us. We continue to ignore his comments as he was a complete opposite from our point of view on almost everything.

We reach Tyler's red Durango truck at the 24th row of cars we had to walk past. "God it was a great day to wear jeans" Tyler sarcastically says as he pushed sweat off of his cheeks. Earning eye rolls from Tessa and me.

"Mhm" Tessa's lips sound as Tyler pulls out of the parking lot. All of the windows in his car were rolled down. As his air conditioning broke a year ago and fixing it was not the worst of his problems.

"Feet off" he hisses smacking my thigh as I stick my head out of the window to feel the New Jersey breeze.

"Whatever" I roll my eyes and turn the radio on to an Imagine Dragon song playing.

It took us 15 minutes to get to the burger shack that was advertised all over our school. I would say the advertisements worked because we walked right in to packed booths and long lines.

"Great" I roll my eyes as I run my hands through my blonde hair. "Maybe I can work my magic?" Tessa smiles at us, as she grips her breasts. Earning a laugh out of Tyler and me. "You suck" I say folding my arms and watching her walk away.

We see her make her way into the crowded line as I pull Tyler by his hand to the line before anyone else gets there."magic" I blurt as a giggle leaves my lips.

"The perks of having girl bestfriends" Tyler nudged me. His arm slinging around my back.

Tyler and I have been bestfriends since the 5th grade. We where both new to jersey and we kinda just clicked in floor-hockey. Which was a thing for the middle school. So having Tyler around, we always got "cute couple" accusations. Which Tyler didn't mind because sometimes he would try to play it off and sneak a butt grab or a kiss.

"Don't think because your buying smoothies you can sneak into my room tonight" I look at him with firm eyebrows and glaring green eyes. He drops his arm from my back and slumps."oh darn" he starts to laugh as he pushes my shoulder.

"Next!" I hear and I realize we are next. My eyes start to search for Tessa but she has dissapeared and now here I was ordering for her. "Hi, can I get three pineapple mango smoothies?" I ask and push Tyler to the front. "Thanks bff" I whisper in his ear. My feet shuffling to look for an open booth.

I look for an opening, as I scan my eyes across the heads of people. I finally land on an older lady and a small girl getting up from their seats. I smile but my feet were running too fast, because others were too.

As I threw myself into the booth, I felt a pressure on my back. A yelp escaping my lips."hey!" I shout.

I waited for this person to get off of me." This is my booth!" A deep voice shouted over me, making me realize I would have to fight to get him off.

"Excuse me" I pushed my way to face the boy. His dark hair and blue eyes stood out right away. His masculine jaw was close to my face as our breathing became sync.

"Oh-oh" he says as his eye hooked on me and his mouth opened a little. Smiling to myself, I knew my "magic" was working over this distracted boy. But the thing was- he was still laying on me.

"Get off" I ask in this innocent tone, knowing my charm was working wonders on this boy. He outstretched his arms pushing himself off with a nervous smile.

"So sorry- really...names Jack Kennedy" he stuck his hand out. My eyes flashing towards it.

"Tyler woods" I hear the familiar voice that took to long to arrive. I watch as Tyler grabs Jacks hand and shakes it firmly. My laughter was being held in my throat. "Oh-yeah cool" he says with a shakey laugh.

"Bye now" Tyler says as he physically "shoos" him away. I watch as Jack's body shrugs and leaves- his shoes squeaking against the clean floors.

"Thank you" I breath as if I was holding it in the whole time. My eyes look to Tyler and he looks angry and worried.
"But I'm fine" I tilt my head taking my smoothie from his hands.

We sit down, "Really? Because I can go finish Jack's and I's conversation"he smiles at me as he takes his smoothie in his mouth and scans the room.

I do the same as I realize Tessa is no where to be seen." The real problem is- where's Tess?" I squint my eyes at every booth and person. "I don't know- probably working her "magic" he raises a brow and I nod along slurping my smoothie.

I start to replay what had just happened with Jack and it made me feel all weird inside. Just the way he looked at me with his ice cold blue eyes made me feel uncomfortable.

"You okay?" Tyler snaps me from my thoughts. I look to my arms as I see the hairs start to stick up. "Just cold" I say as I nod to the almost empty smoothie.

"Sunny!"I hear a shout over the commotion of people ordering their food.

My head snaps to the direction of the voice. I see Tessa, and a huge toothy grin on her lips. Her hand is connected to a tall boy and a smoothie in the other.

My eyes roll to Tyler and he is dipping his head in laughter.

"She caught one"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Heyyy
I'm so excited for this book because it's gonna stomach turning. I hope you enjoy it and I hope I do a good job on this and don't delete this because I'm trying to finish at least one book this year. :))

Bad liarजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें