mess hall

lee jihoon

"jinwoo, can i have your-"

"no."

jihoon pouted at his friend before sitting at the table with him. "you don't even know what i'm gonna ask for, and you already say no. wow. such a great friendship."

jinwoo rolled his eyes and scooped up some rice onto his spoon, smiling. he reached over the table and pinched his cheek. "aw, the baby's mad."

jihoon swatted his hand away and stuck his tongue out at him and nayoung and seungcheol sat at the table with them. "dickhead."

"right back at you."

nayoung took a bite of her pizza and ignored the two bickering boys, muttering "it's none of my business," and left seungcheol to try and get them to shut the fuck up.

seungcheol sighed and took a sip of his sprite before giving jihoon his chocolate pudding, which he just knows the two were arguing over, given that jinwoo had about five packs on his tray while jihoon only had two. jihoon looked over at the older and smiled.

"thank you, cheol," he said, before turning his head back to jinwoo. "at least some of us know how to share."

"are you guys first graders or something?" nayoung asked, speaking around the half-chewed pizza in her mouth. "it's fuckin' pudding."

seungcheol pushed her shoulder softly. "hey, no swearing."

"nyeah, nye nye nyeah," nayoung mocked him, taking a swig of her banana milk. "shut up."

"well, fuck you."

"you did last night, but o-"

"anyways," jihoon interrupted, clenching his eyes shut and pinching the bridge of his nose. "i would prefer not to hear about how sexually active you two are, so-"

"i would," jinwoo said, butting in. jihoon and nayoung looked at him, as if to say 'i know you didn't just say what i think you just said,' and seungcheol was slurping down his apple juice as fast as he could. "not in a creepy way, please don't even start."

"well, would you look at that," seungcheol said, standing up from the table with his empty cup in hand. "i'm out of juice. i'll go get some more." he rushed towards the drink dispenser, which luckily had a long line, passing by mingyu as he made his way to the table.

"jihoon, what did you do to cheol?" mingyu asked as he sat down across from him.

nayoung raised her hand slightly. "oh, it was me this time."

"okay. i feel like i know now. please don't continue that conversation around me."

jinwoo chuckled softly. "at least it didn't get too graphic this time."

"oh, you want me to be graphic?" nayoung said, leaning against the table. "well, let me tell you, cheol gives the best head-"

mingyu covered his ears, and almost screeched 'la, la, la,' trying to ignore her. "please, fucking don't. i don't want to hear this, god."

jihoon spooned some pudding into his mouth before pointing his spoon towards seungcheol. "i just don't get why he's so off about it now. he usually doesn't really care about people knowing you two fuck," he said, looking over at nayoung.

she shrugged. "maybe because there's more newbies this year. i don't know."

"am i the only person that thought they were dating?" jinwoo asked.

jihoon, nayoung, and mingyu looked between each other before shrugging.

"yeah."

"probably."

"most likely."