Confusion swarms my head as I proceed with caution. "Why aren't you ecstatic, did he hurt you? I'll fucking kill him," Her head begins shaking rapidly. 

"No, no he didn't hurt me, that's not it," I think back to the way she smiles lately, how it's more genuine and vibrant, how she seems happier than ever before. Sometimes the thing or rather the person that makes us the happiest also causes the most conflict within our lives, within our very souls, and maybe Alexis is experiencing just that. 

I pause, "Than what's the problem?" She sighs deeply, her eyes hesitant to meet mine.

She smoothes out the wrinkles in her comforter. "I just..." she shakes her head and rewords what she's trying to say.  "I don't think he's a good guy, but fuck I like the way he makes me feel. I like who I am when I'm with him, like anything is possible. He makes me feel alive," She appears incredibly conflicted as she looks to me, as if I have all the answers. I wish I did, but I've fucked up my last relationship so badly it's obvious I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing most of the time and I don't want to steer her wrong. 

Fear makes her irises turn dark, like an evergreen forest just after dawn strikes. I've never seen something tear her up like this, after all I'm the reckless one. The one that gets drunk and makes out with boys who reek of cigarettes and have trouble in their voices. She's the one that's always put together, perfectly manicured with a solution to everything.

Now the roles have been reversed and I have no idea how the fuck she always knows the best thing to say, because I'm at a loss for words. I'm absolute shit at giving advice, always have been, but this time I've gotta try, for Alexis. "Well," I begin, running my hand over the silky sheets that shine under the small antique chandelier making it dazzle like a ruby in the sunlight. 

"You haven't known him for very long right?" She nods her head, flashing puzzled eyes toward my direction. "So maybe just leave it be right now and see what happens. Unless you get a 'serial killer' vibe off of him, then drop his ass immediately and never look back."

Alexis cracks a small smile, but I'm completely serious. The only way she will ever get hurt is over my dead body. I don't care if this boy is the fucking prince of Arabia, if he hurts her he'll have to deal with me. "You're right I'm overreacting, I barely know him."

She falls back into the pillows and stares up at me. "Trust your gut Alexis, I'm serious if he gives you a bad feeling trust it."

Rubbing her eyes with her thumbs she shakes her head. "It's not that, I don't think he would hurt me. He reminds me of a drug, makes me feel like I'm floating on cloud nine but is probably more trouble that's what's good for me. I think... I think he might've done some things, unthinkable things. Stuff that nightmares are made of, stuff that the devil pushes in our path and tempts us to do," I gulp.

Julian pops into my brain, and I understand what she means- about someone being irresistible but dangerous beyond comprehension. I can only hope the boy she's talking about isn't as bad as him, because if he is she might be in some deep shit just by meeting him. 

I don't want to push her to go for it only for her to become broken by the acts he performs. But if she doesn't give it a chance, there will always be a what if, and what ifs are a new kind of trouble, a new type of pain that can't be reconciled with a new person no matter how hard one tries. "I think if he makes you happy, you have to give it a shot. But please Alexis, be careful, make sure it's safe before you get in too deep."

Like a light switch her vibrant grin returns to her lips. It's warm and joyful, like the first day of summer or seeing the sun for the first time after weeks of rain."Thanks Fel," She leans over and gives me a bear hug, making me fall over so my back hits the bed. 

A laugh escapes my lips, it feels good to talk to my best friend again with all that is going on in my life. "Shit it feels like I haven't seen you in years. Anything new with you?" Yes, oh god yes. Daniel. Roman. Damon. I feel like nothing is the same anymore, like everything has changed. 

"I called him," I mutter, my throat becoming scratchy as I recall the conversation, or rather lack of conversation. 

Her eyes widen. "What?" 

I swallow thickly, tapping my fingers in a rhythmic beat on the back of the headboard. "It was three in the morning, and some shit had just happened with my mom, and I called him. Fuck Alexis I told him I missed him and then he had five different girls hanging on his goddamn arm today like it never happened."

She sits up straight, and grabs me by the shoulders so I do so too. "Fuck him," Her voice is drowning with seriousness, with a hint of sharpness slicing through the words. "Listen to me, you had a moment of weakness, there is nothing to be ashamed of," My eyes burn along with my throat that is raw with sorrow as I try to speak. 

"I keep thinking that maybe I'm finally over him, but he's the only person I want to hold me when my world is crashing to the floor. I love him," A lone tear trails down my cheek, and I swipe at it immediately, wishing I could erase all the pain carried within it. 

My breath is shaky as I exhale, Alexis squeezes my shoulder and gives me a reassuring look. "Anyways," I say, changing the subject. "You gunna tell me this guys name?" 

A cheesy grin makes it's way to her glossy lips, one that would make me want to throw up if it came from anybody else other than Alexis. Man this guy must be fucking amazing to have her whipped so quickly. 

Shaking her head no, a smile continues to tease her mouth only this time deviousness lurks in the creases. With sparkling eyes she jumps up from the bed and stands before me. "Actually," She drawls with of a promise of a plan ahead. "I was thinking you could meet him in person, on a oh I don't know, double date?" 

My jaw drops open and I automatically begin shaking my head. Oh hell no, double dates are always disastrous when one couple doesn't even know each other. I don't do blind dates, it's an unsaid guarantee of a uncomfortable night. "Please Fel, I've met his friend and he's smoken hot and seems like a total sweetheart."

She sticks out her bottom lip in a plump pout and widens her eyes dramatically, whilst linking her fingers together and resting her chin on them. "Please, for me," I keep my gaze steady causing her to sigh and drag her gaze to the window, like a kicked puppy her expression becomes sad. It's all an act, but it always works, seriously she could get out being murdered by using this technique if she tried hard enough.

Oh fuck me. "Fine," I blurt before I can stop myself. Her whole demeanor transforms and she squeals like a little girl making me flinch. "But you totally owe me, I'm only doing this cause you're my best friend," I already know I'm going to regret the shit out of this, but at least I'll get a feel for the guy she's so love-struck over. 

I sigh, "When is it?"

Authors note:

Hola lovelies. I'm at tennis camp right now and my legs hurt like hell and all I want to do is sleep, but hey here's a new chapters for you all. Also I'm kinda obsessed with Jaymes Young's new album so that's why I picked his song for this chapter. Seriously go check it out.

Anyways let me know what you think in the comments. Why do you think Damon's acting this way? Is he simply over Fel or is there something more to the story? What about Alexis finding a guy???? Let me know and please please please vote if you liked!!!

Thanks!! xx