1.2- SherLogic

Episode 1- Part 2
('Sherlogic')

It was a quarter to three in the afternoon. Sherlock was watching the clock avidly, his tall frame folded into his armchair. John glanced up again from his newspaper, still wondering why his friend would be so restless. Was he nervous about Eleanor's arrival? No, of course not. He couldn't be. The pages of John's newspaper ruffled against one another as he straightened it and continued to read the article.

There was a sharp knock at the door, and in came Mycroft, carrying a small, dark haired girl. Coming along behind him were a number of his agents, carrying boxes full of Eleanor's belongings and necessities.

The boxes, of which there were not many, were stacked against one wall in the main room, and Eleanor was let down onto the floor by Mycroft.

"Here she is." The older brother said mildly. Sherlock's aqua eyes glinted,
"Here- she- is." He agreed slowly. Eleanor just looked at him, her pink dummy hanging out of her mouth, and her chocolate brown teddy bear clutched against her chest. Sherlock got up off the armchair he had been curled up in, and approached the girl.

"This is my house." He gestured around. Eleanor's gaze roved from the skull on the mantle, to the British flag cushion on Watson's chair, then flittered across the room, pausing fleetingly here and there, to finally stop on the yellow smiley face painted upon the damask patterned wallpaper.

"You will be living here from now on." Mycroft informed the child. She looked up at the older Holmes brother, and then took her dummy out of her mouth to speak,

"Why here?"

"Well, Sherlock here, your uncle- is going to take care of you." Mycroft explained briefly. The little girl blinked up at him, and then turned to face forward again, and stuck the pacifier back in her mouth.

Her eyes glanced towards the curly haired detective, and Sherlock stuck a hand in his pocket to withdraw a colourful spintop. He leaned down and held it out to Eleanor.

"Or- Ee...?" She tried to talk around the pacifier, eyes wide. Watson thought he saw Sherlock cringe, and was quite confused for a moment, but the expression was gone as soon as it came, leaving him to wonder if it was ever there at all. Sherlock spoke calmly,

"I cannot understand what you say if you have things in your mouth."

Watson had a haunting suspicion that his friend didn't like pacifiers. Eleanor quickly took it out.

"Is it- for me?" She questioned, now much more clearly, and Sherlock nodded. He gave her a smile, and she wrapped her small fingers around the plastic toy. Eleanor regarded it in her palm. It was bright red and blue. "T-ankyou, Sherlock!" She shot him an adorable smile.

"How... sweet." Mycroft spoke. He looked uncomfortable, "well. If that's all?" He trailed off, and began to make his way to the door.

"Wait-" Eleanor held out an arm to Mycroft's retreating figure.

"Yes?" Mycroft put on an obviously fake smile, and turned to face the small girl.

"Y-you're going..." it wasn't a question. Eleanor appeared crestfallen.

"I am busy. Sherlock will take care of you." He waved a hand airily, and left the room. His companions put down the last of the boxes, and then they too, left. The door snapped shut behind them.