24 - The end/ New beginning

ابدأ من البداية

Rita glanced at her home. There was not a trace of that irritating odour in air. She smiled and took a sigh of relief before embracing Raj more tightly.

*******

Two months later:-

Raj and Rita were sitting in a restaurant. They both ordered their food, and were waiting for it. Rita was lost in her thoughts.

"I know what are you thinking." Raj said looking said her.

"If you know, then tell me. I can't wait more. You and your surprises. Every other day you have some gift for me. I have told you already that all I need is your love....nothing else." She acknowledged.

"I know...I know my love....but you have to understand that I love to pamper you and..by the way today's surprise is little more special." He winked.

"Now, you are killing me with the suspense. Spill or I am going back to office." She said reaching for her bag.

"Okay...okay...but first I need you to close your eyes."

Rita huffed but did what he asked.

Few seconds later, she heard Raj's silky voice. "Now slowly open your eyes."

Rita slowly opened her eyes.
There was a beautiful sparkling ring with a solitaire in centre of it, which Raj was holding out in his hand.

"Raj....whats all this? This...is... beautiful." Her voice got choked. Her eyes were shining with tear of happiness.

" I was planning for this since last month. My mom-dad adore you...and they are more than happy to welcome you in our family. In fact, they were the one who told me to talk with you about this but..if you think all this is little fast...then..I can wait... you have no pressure to accept it right now." He said holding her hand.

"Raj....if you know me, then you should also know that one thing which I have craved all my life was a family...and today when I am getting this chance...to have my own family, I would be the dumbest girl if I will said no to your proposal..." She admitted blinking back tears.

"That means yes...huh?" He asked.

"Yes...yes...big yes." Rita giggled.

"Rita...I am so happy... thank you so much. Trust me, you will never regret this decision...that's my promise to you today." He said before slipping ring in Rita's finger.

"And...for your information, this was just a small surprise. We will be having our official engagement three weeks from now. So...be ready to be mine...for forever." He revealed looking into her eyes.

Rita was grinning like a child who had just got her favourite chocolate. She still couldn't believe this was now her life. So much happiness and love. She knew this all was happening because of her nani's blessings.

 She knew this all was happening because of her nani's blessings