twenty-three

Chapter 23

---------------

We circle eachother waiting for someone to make the first move. He smiles.

"You used to always make the first move." he says.

I shrug my shoulders. Underneath my feet, the blankets feel soft. We moved the mattress onto the ground and put the blankets over it. As Im caught off guard to look back at the clock, I turn my head around and he already has me. I shriek in terror and giddiness. He picks me up from behind and spins me around a few times. He pretends to slam me on the ground. I remain laughing. He looks at me with the same warmth in his eyes the night I faintly saw them during the paintball match.

Whoever lives below him is either not home, or left because of us. I roll over so Im ontop now.

"Ha ha!" I say smiling in his face. I lean in to kiss him but pull back right before his lips can find mine. He chuckles.

"Oh. I will get you for that." he says. I get off him. He chases me as I run around the apartment. I accidentally knock over a lamp.

"Oops!" I say. He shrugs his shoulders and keeps chasing me. I knock down a few more things before I run out the apartment laughing. Thinking he stayed back, I walk to the Chasm. I hold the rail and lean over it.

"Boo." I hear whispered in my ear. I jump back and giggle as I run into Eric.

"Sorry...?" I say. He smirks evilly. Next thing I know, Im slung over his shoulder my feet lightly kucking his stomach.

"Let me down!" I shriek with laughter as he carries me back to the apartment. The mattress is back on the bed, and things I knocke over are put back in place. He flips me over his shoulder and I land softly on the bed. I cant stop laughing. My legs are hanging off the bed, so only my waist up is on the bed. He puts his hands on each side of me and leans down.

"You-," he kisses my cheek. "are-," my nose. "gonna-," my neck. "pay." he finishes off by kissing my Amity symbol.

"No." I say.

"Oh really?" he asks.

"Yup. Because I want to go to bed. Its already eight."

"So?"

"So, I like to sleep." I say.

"Fine." he sighs and gets off me. I roll over to the side of the bed I prefer to sleep on. Away from the door. He gets in next to me and pulls the covers over himself. As he does everynight Im with him, he pulls me in close, wraps his arms around me, kisses my neck, and then we both drift off to sleep.