David {10}

"It was like she knew Cleo was with me and she wanted to start some drama." Dave said to Nas while they were going over the renovations for the restaurant.

"Man you know how she is and what you were getting into." Nas said not sugar coating anything to his friend. He didnt feel sorry for him even though he wanted too. "Just be happy Cleo still messin with yo nappy head." Nas smiled and Dave smacked his lips.

"Boy you see these waves, make my girl sea sick." Dave joked and the two laughed and slapped five.

"I see you man, I see you." Nas shook his head.

"So about this restaurant, you gon tell Cleo that this is just a cover up or what?" Nasir looked at his partner and David rolled his eyes.

"Nah she don't gotta worry about that, she think I'm done with hustlin." Dave sighed and looked at the blueprints in front of him. The plan was to set the basement up and have his business be conducted under the restaurant.

"You're involving her in this man, I'm only doing this for you but once its up and running I'm only handling the restaurant you feel me?" Nas said as he pulled out his phone and saw a text from his girl Jorja.

"Thats Atlanta?" Dave pointed at Nasir's phone refering to Jorja.  Nas, typing away on his phone nodded his head.

"Yeah shawty want to go out tonight so imma go pull up on her." Nas said and stood up from Daves couch.

"Dang she got you sprung huh?" Dave smiled at his friend happy that he finally found someone. The smile in Nasir's face said it all.

"I'm not gonna lie, i aint eva felt like this before man, i just hope this feeling ain't temporary." Nas said seriously and I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Think positively, we dont got room for that aight? Yall good yall gon stay good." Nas nodded and headed out leaving Dave alone in his big house. He pulled out his phone to see a text from Cleo.

Queen 💍
Want to do something tonight?

                              Cant baby, I'm picking up babygirl 

Oh alright, ill see you later then? 🤷🏾‍♀️

                               Want to go to the movies with us? 

I dont want to cause any drama Dave

                                                                Be ready by 6:30

                                                                        read 4:30
Dave sighed and thought about when he should or if he should tell Cleo about his real business. He just got back on good terms with her and would hate for things to go back to how they were. Dave grabbed his keys and drove to pick up Kai. When Dave made it to Trinas house he sighed already knowing she was going to give him a heard time. He walked up to the door and rang the doorbell hearing Trina call kai to get her things ready.

"Hello Trina." Dave greeted her and Trina rolled her eyes at him and smacked her lips.

"Kai come on." Trina yelled and Kai wobbled down the stairs looking like she didn't get dressed. she had on a tank top and some flooded pants with her hair a mess.

"Tell me why my child has on a tank top in this weather Trina, are you trying to get her sick?" David grumbled and Trina and stepped into the house and grabbed Kai.

"Princess go get a jacket and change into some pants and those boots i got you okay?" Dave kissed her head and Kai nodded and wobbled back up the stairs and to go change.

"Did I say you could come in?" Trina slammed the door and got in David's face. Dave just ignored her and walked closer to the door. "What you don't hear me talkin to you?"

"I hear you but I'm not listening, dont ever have my child looking like that again you hear me?" Dave raised his voice and Trina kept her mouth shut.

"Daddy I ready now!" Kai skipped over to her dad excited to be with him and hopefully see the pretty lady.

"Alright baby lets go."

"What happened to her hair?" Cleo asked when she opened her door and saw David and Kairi standing at her door step. She let them in and Dave looked at her admiring her outfit, she had black ripped jeans and a off the shoulder top with her hair up in a cute bun.

"You already know, I went to pick baby up and she was lookin a mess." Dave shook his head and sat Kai on his lap. Cleo walked over to him and kissed his cheek.

"Hey princess, is it okay if i do your hair?" Cleo asked Kai and she nodded and hopped off her dads lap. "Like yoz pwease." kai tilted her head and Cleo smiled at her.

"Okay come with me" Cleo reached out and Kai took her hand and they went to the bathroom. Dave sat and watched them walk away with a smile on his face. While Dave was waiting he heard a buzzing sound and saw that Cleo's phone was ringing.

"Cleo your phone is ringing!" David yelled and got up to pick her phone up off the table.

"Can you bring it for me?" He heard her yell back but all he could see is the name Khayman flashing and he smacked his lips. David walked slowly to the bathroom hoping the ringing would stop. When he reached the bathroom he handed the phone to Cleo and watched her answer.

"Hello? Oh she did? No its not a problem, Im sorry I have plans, okay, yeah ill talk to you later, bye." Cleo hung up and continued to lay Kai's edges, she could feel Davids eyes on her and sighed.

"If you got something to say.." She looked up and saw David biting his lip.

"So you talkin to old dude?" David said in a hard tone. Cleo put kai down on the ground and tickled her.

"Kai baby can you go watch tv for a minute?" Cleo asked and kai jumped up and ran out the bathroom.
David moved from the door frame and walked over to Cleo. He grabbed her by the waist and sat her in the counter causing her to squeal. He stepped in front of her and gently grabbed her chin.

"Whats going on baby?" David mumbled and searched her whole face, Cleo closed her eyes for a second and reopened them with a sigh.

"He got my number from Jorja, and he wanted to catch up." Cleo whispered and David hummed in response.

"I see, he still feelin you Cleo." Cleo was about to object when David leaned down and planted a sweet kiss to her lips, he grabbed her gently around her neck and deepened the kiss and slipped his tongue in causing Cleo to hum. Her hands were pressed against his chest and she inched closer to him nit wanting to let go when Dave pulled away with her bottom lip still between his and then he released it.
"But it dont matter because I know he won't be able to do that to you." David whispered and Cleo say there looking at him like she just won the lottery.

_______________________________
Y'all don't understand how hard writing this chapter has been, so much has gone on and I'm sorry for the wait but I promise I am back and I will be trying to update twice a week, Thursdays and Fridays so I will be back tomorrow and Friday with two more chapters. Please stick with me y'all thank you