Cleo {9}

Y'all better comment I swear man

"Its handled." Was the first thing David said to Cleo when she opened the door. He walked in and sat on her couch with his head in his hands. Cleo sighed and shut the door, remembering to lock it and took a seat next to him. He had been gone for hours and it scared her to death.

"What did you do?" Cleo whispered and sat right next to him. David turned to look at her and shook his head.

"We shared a few words, I put him in his place. He wont come near you again." David said with a distant look in his eyes. The room got awfully quite after that. They both knew what they had to talk about next.

"Where is Kairi?" Cleo spoke up hoping to change the subject.

"Her mother picked her up from her play date." David muttered. His mind was on something else. That something else was the other half of that message. "So you wanna explain the rest of the message?"

"I dont know what you want me to say." Cleo said softly and rubbed her arm up and down. David turned to look at her and took her hands in his.

"Im tried of tryin to pretend that I'm just yo friend Cleopatra. You and I both know what it is. I still got love for you." Dave said, putting everything out there. His intentions with her have always been obvious.

"I don't know what to do, you're putting me in such a bad position, Im doing good with my company and I'm happy. You hurt me and I don't know if I will ever truly be able to forgive you and that's not fair to me or you. I wont lie, I do have feelings for you but I just don't know how to go about things. Our parents still don't know what happened, there's just so many loose ends." Cleo said and Dave listened to every little thing that came out of her mouth.

"I understand Ma, I really do but we cant let what happened dictate our future together. I'll have you anyway you want me. I just know that I have to be in your life. You have placed a big part of it since we were teenagers and I cant see you with anyone but me and I know that its selfish, but I want to be with you. How about we take things slow? Get to know each other all over again?" Dave asked with a hopeful look in his eyes. He brought her hands up to his lips and placed a kiss to them, Cleo couldn't help but to smile a little and playfully rolled her eyes.

"Dave" Cleo dragged out his name and shook her head. He had her in her feelings and she wanted nothing more than to kiss him but she refrained from doing so. "I guess we can take things slow...but this does not mean we are together." Cleo gave him a look and David smacked his lips.

"So you gon be okay if I'm messing with some female?" David raised his eyebrow and Cleo looked away. "Yeah that's what I thought, I'm not tryin to play no games wit you. I want you and that's it."

"I saw Khayman the other night too." Cleo said trying to see his reaction. Sure it was petty but she just wanted to see him sweat for a little while.

"Man, ion wanna here none of that Cleo. What y'all had was some little puppy love and it will never equate to what we had and what we will have moving forward. I don't want to hear his name you got me?" Dave said loudly causing Cleo to move in her seat a bit.

"Aright aright chill bill." Cleo chuckled trying to change the seriousness. Dave still had a sour look on his fave and Cleo kissed his cheek." Im glad we are in a better place, just be patient with me. Ive been hurt many times and I don't want to feel that feeling again." Cleo rested her head on his shoulder and Dave protectively wrapped his arm around her. It felt good for Cleo to be next to him, she missed this.

"Lets go get some food." Dave said and Cleo nodded getting up and stretching causing Dave to glance at what she had on. "You not leavin here with that robe on though." Dave got up and Cleo giggled running to her room with Dave hot on her trail.

"I'll just have the cajun shrimp and chicken pasta." Cleo said to the waiter and handed him the menu, the young man nodded and looked over to Dave.

"And for you Sir," The young man asked and Dave rubbed his chin with a puzzled look. No matter how many times he came to this cafe he always acted brand new and didnt know what to get.

"Just give me the Chicken Alfredo." Dave shrugged and handed the boy the menu.

"You always get the same thing but act like you dont know that you gon get." Cleo chuckled and David just shook his head.

"Its because I want to try somethin different but I just go back to ole reliable." Dave joked and Cleo rolled her eyes." They gonna get stuck in a minute, keep it up." Dave lifted his cup and pointed at her.

"Yeah yeah yeah, so serious question. How are we gonna go about the whole Trina situation? I don't want to over step any boundaries." Cleo said and sipped on her strawberry lemonade.

"Babe there is no Trina situation, she has no say in who I'm seeing. We were never together it was just a drunken situation that I don't even remember. To be honest with you I only started messing with her when I knew me and you couldn't get back together." Dave said honestly and the waiter came back with there food and walked away. Cleo closed her eyes and prayed.

"Well, even though we are not formally together, Im going to be around Kai and I think she should be told by you instead of being surprised and then she wanna pop off" Cleo gave him a look and took a bite of her pasta.

"Yeah I guess you are right." Dave said and started to dig into his food. The two finished their food with a little conversation here and there then asked for their bill.

"Im paying." Cleo took the check and but her card into the pocket and gave it to the waiter. Dave mean mugged her while she just smiled.

"You know I don't like you doin that." Cleo just waved him off and sat back in her seat.

"And that's exactly why I do it." Cleo smirked and rubbed his leg with her stilettos.

"You really tryin me huh." Dave leaned forward and rested his arms on the table. Cleo played stupid and gave him a innocent look.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Cleo shrugged and the waiter came back with the receipt and two mints. Cleo smiled and gave him a generous tip and the boy thanked her. Dave and Cleo both took the mints and walked out of the restaurant hand and hand.

"I'm really happy." Cleo said and looked up and David who was already looking down at her. They stopped at Davids car and he gently pushed her on the car and leaned forward to plant a kiss on her luscious lips but was interrupted by his phone ringing. Cleo sighed and reached in his pocket to retrieve the phone and gave a sarcastic chuckle.

"Baby momma." Was all she said and pressed the phone against his ear. She could hear everything the girl was saying because she was yelling that loud.

"Whats this I hear about you bring Kai around Cleo! You have no right to do so!" Trina yelled over the phone and Dave was so temped to hang up on her.

"Look Trina, I was gon tell you when I got her next but I guess you know now. I can bring her around Cleo if I want to I am her father. You never once ask me if its okay for Kairi to be around the randoms you have so don't come at me like that. Only contact he if its something that is serious about Kai." Dave spoke over Trina who was still trying to yell at him.

"That don't even matter you just doin this to get under my skin you know you still want this! Who was with you just two weeks ago huh? Me! Not her me!" Trina yelled and Cleo raised her eyebrow but David just shook his head and rested his hand on Cleo's waist.

"Yea and why was I over there huh? Because you made some bs excuse talkin about Kai was sick. Ur she wasn't and I stayed to see my daughter then I left. Miss me with that man." David hung up after that and sighed. Cleo grabbed his face and smoothed out the frowns in his face.

"Come on, lets just enjoy the rest of the day okay? We can chill at mine or yours." Dave pecked Cleo's lips and agreed.

__________________________________
Sorry for the wait, its been crazy yall, baby momma drama is gonna come but I promise it wont be cliche lol

What yall think about Cleo giving him a change but taking it slow?

Trina calling?

Khayman will make a return dont count my guy out just yet.