Chapter 15

Nice.

That was all it said. Nice.

These days confusion was Draco's number one feeling. He didn't understand. Be nice? Look nice? Smell nice?

Whoever was sending those bloody one word letters was really starting to piss him off, and freak him out.

There had been a new owl each time, each with a different and rather meaningless word, but he was starting to become paranoid. Draco found himself looking out the window every time he passed one or glancing over his shoulder to maybe get a glimpse of his mysterious guide. But to no avail, if anything he spooked himself even more. Even worse, Granger was starting to take notice.

"Agghhhh!"

"Woah," she said taking several steps back, "I was only asking if you knew who was doing the rounds tonight."

Draco grabbed his chest in attempt to control his breathing and ran a hand through his hair. "Oh uh Neville and Ginny." He said, clearly forgetting to call the two Gryffindors by their surnames.

Granger gave him a odd look. He ignored it.

"Sounds like your doing better with names I take it?"

"Huh?" He said still shook.

She gave him another look, this time different, and maybe, quite possibly, her features softened. "Are you okay?"

Draco stood, his head was clear enough to know that nothing good ever came out of someone speaking nicely to him.

Nicely.

That was it! He did have to be nice. It must be what the letter wanted; but Draco was never one to listen to strangers, or be nice for that matter.

"I'm fine." He pushed himself away from the window by their shared bookcase and stormed into his room.
••••••••

He was acting strange, Hermione concluded. She hadn't been able to read, her mind replaying what had happened earlier with Malfoy. Her eyes had been rereading the same sentence for sometime before she decided to close her book.

Hermione laid back against her squishy armchair and brought her knees to her chest. She sat, starring into the empty fireplace and pondered over the reasons he might have been acting odd. He had nearly jumped out of his skin when she had spoken . . . maybe he had realized he had forgotten to do his homework. She ruled that one out; it seemed to only apply to her.

Maybe he had been thinking about something horrifying like something from his nightmares. Or even worse, something from reality.

That was a dark, Hermione thought. Maybe she wondered, this one made her laugh just thinking about it, maybe he had been thinking about her.

Ew.

"Granger!"

Here it comes.

"I swear to Merlin, turn that bloody light out!"

Hermione decided she change things up a bit.