Chapter 4

Hermione laid on her blanket, stomach first, reading Hogwarts: A History in the warm summer sun and listened to the chorus of screams above her.

The Qudditch game was intense. Harry bet Ginny and George the winner of the match would receive first pick of his birthday dessert, and the losers had to listen to Percy drone on about work for one solid hour.

Ron played his heart out.

They agreed first team to 150 points would win. Ron and George played Keepers; Harry and Ginny were Chasers.

Ginny with the Quaffle, twisted past Harry and sped toward Ron, who guarded all three of the Keeper's ring; and without a moments hesitation, Ginny whipped the Quaffle at the bottom left ring. Ron directed a kick at it with lightning speed, the Quaffle made a loud thud against his foot, but flung over Ginny's head and into Harry's arms.

Hermione could hear George curse at the other end of the yard as Harry raced toward him. Harry maneuvered his broom to the right, suggesting that he might throw it through the closest ring, however, at the last moment he chucked the Quaffle squarely through the middle ring as George dove to the right.

Harry grinned as Ron cheered from the opposite side. It was 90 to 70 with Harry and Ron in the lead.

"You know Harry, maybe you should bribe Ron with dessert before every Quidditch match, I've never seen him play so well," Ginny jeered.

Ron scoffed and aimed one of his shoes at Ginny's face. She swerved around it easily and continued to taut her brother as she zigzagged on her broom.

"Hermione, dear, would you come here a moment?" Mrs. Weasley called from the kitchen window.

She saved her spot in her book with a charming bookmark Ron had gifted her. He knew how she hated folding the corners of the pages.

Hermione opened the half door into the kitchen and stopped short when she saw what was on the table. "Oh my!"

"Do you think Harry will like it?" Mrs. Weasley asked nervously,wringing her hands together.

"Of course!! It—well it's amazing!" Hermione answered truthfully."Merlin! How ever did you make that?"

"It was actually quite simple really," she said bashfully. "You can return outside if you'd like, dear. I just wanted a honest opinion."

"It's wonderful Mrs. Weasley, Harry will love it," said Hermione.

"Thank you Hermione, but do keep it a secret, I don't want Harry to find out. Or my nosy children," Mrs. Weasley said.

"My lips are sealed," Hermione said with a wink, and strolled back into the garden.

It seemed as though her friends had called a time out. Ginny was rolling around in the grass holding her foot, Harry was perched on his broom lingering over Ginny, Ron was passed out on Hermione's blanket (still wearing only one shoe), and George was standing just above Ron ready to jump on him.

"Done already? Who won?" Hermione asked curiously.

"It's a tie as of the moment. Ron ran into Ginny and they both fell off their brooms. Ron said was fine but I think Ginny's got a sprained ankle," said Harry.

"You okay?" Hermione inquired, nudging Ginny with her foot.

"All good," she said grimacing.

Hermione rolled her eyes at Ginny. She clearly wasn't 'all good'.