She knew! Oh my God!

"You know about the twins?" I asked her, dumbfounded.

She nodded with a smile, "I had stopped by to give you some cookies, in the afternoon. But it was Allie who had opened the door and told me you were out for work. When I was about to leave, I heard a baby's cry. Allie rushed inside your bedroom and I went in behind her, only to find that there were two babies. She told me they are yours. Why didn't you tell me you gave birth to twins? Was that why you didn't come to meet me for the past five months. You could have told me, I would have been there for you." She said, frowning at me, and giving me a disappointed look.

Allie didn't even bother to tell me that Jenny knew.

I looked at my feet, not being able to meet her disappointed gaze. I tried to make something up in my mind so that I could explain to her everything without messing everything up. But nothing came up, and I didn't know what to do.

She had always been like a mother to me. How could I lie to her?

She continued, "I know that man is their father, sweetie. You don't have to lie to me. He seemed quite disturbed when he had asked me where you live. But when I saw the both of you coming out of the car, I could see how happy he was when he held his daughter."

"Jen-"

"No, honey. You have two other lives dependant on you now. You have to let their father into their lives. Better yet, you should clear your differences so that you all could be a happy family." Her hand slipped down to hold mine tightly, "I know how much he cares for you and the babies, I can see it. Don't push him away. He feels guilty for what he did, I'm sure. Just think about it, okay, honey?" She kissed my forehead and got up from her seat. She muttered a goodbye and walked out of the door, as I stood there like a fool, gaping at her.

I couldn't bring myself to tell her the truth when I saw the hope in her eyes, the excitement to play cupid. But I couldn't find it in myself to lie to her too. She had always been fussing over me, sometimes even begging me to fix and reconstruct my love life. If I told her that the babies weren't mine and I had no idea what relation Terrence shared with them, she was going to be disappointed.

Terrence Powers might be the father, but I surely wasn't their biological mother. That pervert and Ryan were way too similar to ignore it as a pure coincidence, but I wasn't going to dig deeper to find out how they were related. I was sure Terrence was already at it, and would tell me once he found out, or whenever he wanted to.

I closed the door to my apartment and slumped on the door, exhausted mentally and physically. The twins were making me run all over the apartment and those few hours that we spent with Terrence exhausted my brain. It was kind of nice to know that he cared...

Recognising your own flesh and blood doesn't take years of practice or unexceptional skills. All it needs is a good eye. And Terrence had a pair of beautiful blue, healthy and functioning eyes. He wasn't stupid too, and I knew he could work something out.

I didn't tell him where I found the babies simply because that was something I would rather hide from the whole world. I couldn't pinpoint any other reason except the small fact that I was afraid how he would react.

And then the way he looked, the way he smirked and the way he talked...

I shivered.

It was difficult to convince myself that I was just an ordinary girl and a babysitter to Terrence Powers.