Chapter 9 (part 2)

Harry frowns slightly. "D'you think I should have told them--- Dumbledor and the others, I mean."

That's when Megan started talking, making everyone shocked. They forgot she was even there! "Harry, are you mad!?"

"No Harry. Even in the wizarding world, hearing voices isn't a good sign." Hermione replied.

---Time skip till morning and everyone in class---

McGonagall stands before the class. Resting on the desk in front of each student, is a different animal.

"Today we will be turning animals into water goblets." She taps the bird in front of her, three times, with the tip of her wand. It transfiguers into a beautiful crytal water goblet.

"Now who would like to go first.... Mr. Weasley?"  Ron nods. He taps his rat, Scabbers, who turns into a goblet with a tail. "You must replace that wand, Mr. Weasley." She tells him. Ron nods sheepishly, looking at his broken wand.

"Anyone else?" McGonagall asked. Megan raised her hand, eager to try out the spell. "Ah, Miss Black." Megan taps her cat three times, turning it into an elegant looking goblet.

"Good job

"Good job. Ten points to both Slytherin and Gryffindor." McGonagall sees Hermione raise her hand, her animal untouched.

"Yes, Miss Granger?" McGonagall asked. "Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets."

A hush falls over the class.

"My subject is Transfiguration, Miss Granger."

"Yes Professor. But there seems to be very little written about the Chamber of Secrets. For those of us who are interested in the subject,  that is... Disturbing."

Malfoy regards Hermione with chilly amusement. Megan saw that McGonagall considering Hermione's question for a long moment, then nods.

"Very well. You all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four great  witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravinclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Three of the founders co-existed quite harmoniously. One did not."

"Three glasses who?" Ron called out.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students submitted to Hogwarts. He believed that magical learning should be kept within all magic families. In other words, purebloods. Unable to away the others, he decided to leave the school. According to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir would be able to open the Chamber of Secrets and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-borns." Hermione replied.

"Yes. Naturally, the school had been searched many times for such a chamber. It has never been found."

"Professor, what exactly does legend tell us what lies in the Chamber?" Hermione asked.

"The Chamber is said to be home of something which the heir of Slytherin alone can control. It is said to be home....to a monster."

Megan and Ron's eyes shifted. Malfoy sits calmly, smiling to himself.

Harry, Hermione, Ron and Megan thread their way through the teeming corridor. Up ahead, Malfoy walks with Crabbe and Goyle.

"D'you think it's true? D'you think that There really is a Chamber of Secrets?" Ron asked the group.

"Yes. Couldn't you tell? McGonagall's worried. All the teachers are." Hermione replied.

"But if there really is a Chamber of Secrets, and it's really been opened, that means..." Megan thought out loud.

"The Heir of Slytherin had returned to Hogwarts. The question is, who is it?" Hermione said.

"Lets think. Who do we know who thinks Muggle-burns are scum?" Ron replies in mock puzzlement.
Hermione eyes up ahead. "If you're talking about him--"

"Of course! You heard him: 'You'll be next, Mudbloods!'"

"It's not him." Megan replied.

"Maybe Ron's right, Megan. I mean, look at his family. The whole lot of them have been in Slytherin for centuries." Harry said to Megan.

"Crabbe and Goyle must know. Maybe we could trick them into telling..." Ron mumbled.

"I'm telling you guys. Its not Malfoy." Megan repeated.

They ignored her, of course.

"No. Even though they are that thick. But there might be another way. Mind you, it would be difficult. Not to mention we'd be breaking about fifty school rules. And it would be dangerous.  Very dangerous." Hermione warned.

But the boys didn't listen. They wanted to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.

"And if Dra- I mean Malfoy is innocent, what would happen then?" Megan asked.

"Then I'll give you a months supply of chocolate frogs." Ron replies. "But if I'm right, you'll have to give me a months supply of Jelly Slugs and Chocolate Frogs. Deal?"

Megan thought for a moment. "Deal. But I also want some Butterbeer." "Okay." Ron replies, shaking each others hands to seal the bet.

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. It's just I'm working on a new story of mind called Silence. It's a Draco Malfoy love story. If you want, check it out and I promise I'll update tonight or tomorrow.