Chapter 8 (Part 1)

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Megan walk down the corridor.

Harry was still confused about what a, or who a, Squid was/is. So Ron explained it to him.

"A Squib's someone who's born into a wizarding  family but hasn't gotten any powers of their own. It's why Filch is trying to learn magic from a Kwikspell course. It's also why he hates students so much. He's bitter." Ron explained.

Hermione, who's only been half-listening -- as if trying to unravel something in her mind-- speaks up, making Megan jump.

"Harry. This voice. . . You said you heard it first in Lockhart's office?" She asked.

"Yes." Harry answered quickly.

"And did he hear it?" 

"He said he didn't." 

"Maybe he was lying." Ron butted in while Megan rolled her eyes for the thousandth time during the school year.

"I hardly think someone with Gilderoy Lockhart's credentials would lie to one of his students, Ronald. Besides, if you recall, we didn't hear anything either." Hermione said. 

"You guys do believe me, don't you?" 

"'Course we do. It's just. . . it's a bit weird, isn't it? You hear this voice and then. . . Mrs. Norris turns up Petrified." Hermione said. 

"I can't explain it -- it was . . . scary." Harry replied.

He frowned. "D'you think I should've told them -- Dumbledor and the others, I mean." 

"Are you mad!" Ron yelled.

"No, Harry. Even in the wizarding world, hearing voices isn't a good sign." Hermione said. Megan looked really deep in thought.

(Time Skip Till Morning: In Professor McGonagall's class)

"Today, we will be turning animals into water goblets." McGonagall told the class.

She taps the bird in front of her, three times, with the tip of her wand. It turns into a beautiful crystal water goblet.

"Now, who will like to go first . . . Miss Black?" Megan nodds a little. She taps her cat, Bandit, who turns into a beautiful glass goblet, like McGonagall's, but with more detail.

"Now, Mr. Weasley?"

Ron nods. He taps his rat, Scabbers, who turns into a goblet with a tail.

"You must replace that wand, Mr. Weasley." McGonagall told him. 

Ron nodds sheepishly, looking at his broken wand.

Megan noticed Hermione raise her hand, her animal untouched, and so did McGonagall.

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets?"

A hush falls over the class.

"My subject is Transfiguration, Miss Granger." McGonagall told her.

"Yes, Professor. But there seems to be very little written about the Chamber of Secrets. For those of us with a personal interest in the subject, that is. . . disturbing."

Malfoy regards Hermione with a chilly amusement.

McGonagall considers Hermione's question for a long moment, then nods. 

Megan's POV:

I secretly had my phone and put my headphones in, and started singing to a new song I just heard yesterday. It's really good actually. 

"I don't like my mind right now

Stacking up problems that are so unnecessary
Wish that I could slow things down
I wanna let go but there's comfort in the panic
And I drive myself crazy
Thinking everything's about me
Yeah I drive myself crazy
Cause I can't escape the gravity

I'm holding on
Why is everything so heavy
Holding on

So much more than I can carry
I keep dragging around what's bringing me down
If I just let go, I'd be set free
Holding on
Why is everything so heavy

You say that I'm paranoid
But I'm pretty sure the world is out to get me
It's not like I make the choice
To let my mind stay so fucking messy
I know I'm not the center of the universe
But you keep spinning round me just the same
I know I'm not the center of the universe
But you keep spinning round me just the same

I'm holding on
Why is everything so heavy
Holding on
So much more than I can carry
I keep dragging around what's bringing me down
If I just let go, I'd be set free
Holding on
Why is everything so heavy

I know I'm not the center of the universe
But you keep spinning round me just the same
I know I'm not the center of the universe
But you keep spinning round me just the same
And I drive myself crazy
Thinking everything's about me

I'm holding on
Why is everything so heavy
Holding on
So much more than I can carry
I keep dragging around what's bringing me down
If I just let go, I'd be set free
Holding on
Why is everything so heavy?

Why is everything so heavy? "

When I looked up, I saw everyone starring at me shocked, even the teacher. 

"Miss Black? Do you take singing lessons in the muggle world?" McGonagall asked me. 

"No... but I can play the drums and piano. My dad taught me the piano while my uncle taught me the drums." 

"Can you play the piano now?" 

This shocked me more. "Ok..." 

(I know this doesn't really happen in the movie but this is my story.)

She uses her magic and put a piano in the middle of the room. 

I got up from my seat and walked over to the piano seat and sat down. 

I sighed and looked around the room. I saw Blaise, who is secretly my best friend, look at me and he gave me a thumbs up. 

I smiled a little and started playing one of my favorite songs from My Chemical Romance