Prolouge

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Imagine a world, like ours in many ways, but profoundly different in others. A world that can sustain human life. A world that can grant superhuman abilities. A world filled with dangers from your worst nightmares.

That world is Dimension C-24. And that is where they put us.

A world of pure mystery, filled with sinister whispers of a dying race. Its cities scorched by war, never to recover. Its conditions barely survivable. Its people dying, unable to avert their inevitable fate, the echoes of their ancestors only an eerie mockery. The very thing that once saved them now sealing their coffins. Welcome to a world so beautifully fascinating that it will lure you to your grave.

The lure of Dimension C-24 did not stop within the reaches of its own world. Ensnaring the curious minds of Tachyon Industries, they had to investigate the alien world. Just familiar enough to survive but too alien to not be intriguing. Primal instinct told them to stay away, but the curiosity of human nature trumped any common sense.

Perhaps they saw Dimension C-24 as a place to relocate the human race. Perhaps they saw it as some other way to humanity's salvation. Perhaps it was salvation or a grave mistake.

They picked us to explore. To society, we were known as delinquents, the problem children, the impulsive kids. Tachyon saw more in us. They said we were special. They said that we would do great things. Things no human had done before.

And indeed we did.

And because of that, we are now different. We are not normal. We will never be again.

We have been stripped of what makes us, us, and filled with something else. We are not who we used to be. And I have yet to find out whether that is a good thing or bad.

Because the old me would not have survived this. But is surviving worth changing almost everything about who you are?