|I Promise|

A/N: A quick note, please go and stop by at @JokerStark, her stories are awesome!!!! Better grammar than mines I have to say... and better plots. Read her crossover fan fiction The Mechanic and The Clown, and also her fan fiction Loki Of Asgard! I enjoyed reading them and I hope you'll enjoy them too!

"Arwen?"A voice whispered.

I was standing in the pitch black darkness.

The sound of a gun shot echoed around me.

"Robert?" My voice rung through the darkness.

"Arwen?" The voice called out. I looked around for the voice, but I found nothing. "Arwen!" The voice called out again. I ran following the sound. "Robert!"

A bright light was at the far end and I jogged towards it. "Arwen!" The voice shouted. "Robert!" I broke into a sprint, but I regretted it. The light came from a door. An open door. There stood Franco, with an inhuman leer, holding a gun to Robert's head. "Arwen."

Robert whimpered. I ran to him but I was stopped. It was as if there was an invisible wall, a force field. I couldn't get to him. I banged my fists against it. The witch grinned evilly as she kneeled next to Robert, grabbing his face and gave him a slobbery kiss on his lips. "Leave him alone!" I screamed angrily. She pulled away and threw her head back as she laughed maniacally.

I heard the click.

Bang!

"Arwen!"

I jolted awake, beads of sweat sliding down my forehead. "What... where am I? What happened?" I asked looking around expecting to see Robert with me.

The only people in the car is me and Tom. He looked at me with worried eyes. "You were screaming in your sleep, I couldn't get you to wake up." He explained.

I sat up. "Where's Robert?" I asked. Tom's face became grim. My eyes started to water as I shook my head. "Oh no... oh god no. This isn't a nightmare. This is actually happening..." I choked.

No. No. He can't be...

"Maybe... maybe he survived. He could still be alive." I said to myself. Tom grabbed me by the shoulders. "Arwen, he's gone. I'm sorry to say so but he is. That sickening man said we've seen too much and he pulled the trigger. I really don't want to seem rude."

I shoved his arms away from me, shaking my head. No. He's not dead. He's not dead. I looked out the window, it was night and the stars twinkled dimly in the sky. "Are we out of town?" I asked. I heard Tom's soft yes in reply.

I grabbed my backpack and opened it. Father said there was a friend of his he was going to send me to. I found my cellphone, a million phone calls and messages were on my notifications.

They were from Judy. "Tom, go drive us to the nearest motel." I ordered. He obeyed silently and started the car. I looked back down and unlocked my cellphone.

Awren? What's wrong? Why didn't you come to school? :(

Arwen, I'm serious! This isn't funny!
>:(

Arwen I'm getting worried now, why aren't you replying?

Maybe you're just with Robert, maybe that's why he hasn't been going to school too. Text me the details ;)

Arwen!

The rest were filled with Judy's worry. But the last one made me break.

Arwen? I don't know if you know this... Robert's been killed. They have a whole crime scene there! Is that why you're not here? Oh god, please I hope you're alright!

So this is all real? He's really gone?

But maybe not, he has to have a funeral...

I looked through the missed calls.

One was of the witch.

"Stop the car!" I demanded. He pressed on the brakes and I got out immediately, throwing my phone to the ground and stepping on it. "What in the world are you doing?!" Tom shouted bewildered as he watched me break my phone.

I kept stomping on it till it was I pieces. "What do you think I'm doing? They could be tracking us." I looked down at the fragments of my cellphone, a small object glistening. I reached up and grabbed it, bringing it closer to examine.

It's a dog tag...

Jeremy Lee Renner

I couldn't make out the other words, they were worn off or something. But the name does ring a bell. I got back into the car and sat, biting my lip in concentration. "Off to the motel?" He asked. I nodded my head silently, my thoughts still occupying my mind.

Jeremy Lee Renner? A friend perhaps?

I sighed and looked out the window, frowning.

You'll get wrinkles like that.

I heard Robert's voice echo in my mind. That's something he would say.

"Robert? If you're really dead, which I'm hoping not... they will pay for this. He will pay for the innocent lives he took. And Dad, I promise to you, there will be justice."