Chapter three : why so nervous?

"Okay ladies," he exclaimed, walking backwards as he looked in our direction. We'd just walked through the doors and into the club, already feeling the bass of the music pumping to the point where it could be felt inside our chests.

"This is the wardrobe where these lovely ladies will be taking your coats and bags. Anything but your wallet you should leave behind. They'll take care of it for you. Jane!" He started yelling as a young girl with big breasts and brown eyes started walking towards us, wearing a white t-shirt and a pencil skirt.

"These ladies are the special guests for tonight. Take care of their things, will you? Oh, and I see the tip jar is getting full. Good job girls," he said, winking at them with a seductive smile. Damn, he was good looking.

The club was filled with neon lights, the word 'Overdose' splashed up on the wall multiple times in different styles, the walls covered in all kinds of glowing paint. You could easily see it was finger painted and I could only imagine all of the drunk people who've written on these walls over time.

"So, is this something you let the guests do over time or did your crew get drunk and have some fun?" I almost had to yell for him to hear my question.

He looked at me, ginning. "No, the first Saturday of every month we have a neon party where people dress in white and there's buckets of glow paint for everyone to use. It makes it fun to be here and keeps the guests coming." He walked further into the club while answering my question. I almost missed it as the music got louder, loud conversations and laughs heard from all corners of the club.

"Yeah, I can only imagine. Must be fun to try," I yelled back, doubting that he actually heard me.

"Oh, it's fun alright," he laughed. I could see his straight teeth glowing, probably because of the neon lights. It was almost amusing.

"Alright! This is your table and I took the courtesy of ordering two rounds of shots for the both of you: one tequila and one 'overdose'. It's a tradition here and our very own mixed shot. You have to drink it your first time here, as a welcoming ritual. Maybe you'd rather I ordered a 'sex on the beach' for the both of you?" He smirked, looking at Ciara.

"Watch it! They're with me, remember? I can't have you flirting with my daughter and her best friend," my dad shot back at him.
He held his hands up in surrender, stepping back. "I was just asking." Amusement danced in his eyes.

"No, this is fine. Thank you very much," I answered. He looked at me, nodding in acceptance.

"This is the DJ's bar which means only you guys, the bartenders, the DJ, and his crew are allowed up here. They were asked to give you anything you need so order away. The bar is practically yours," he said, pointing around as he spoke.

"The guys behind the bar are Michael, John, and Andrew. Whenever you feel like going upstairs to accompany your father, just tell Andrew here." He pointed at a tall guy with dirty blond hair and blue eyes, tattoos going down his neck, and a big smile plastered on his face.

"He'll take you, alright?" We nodded in unison, butterflies building up inside me because the drinking and partying was going to start at any second.

"You won't take a shot with us? It's my birthday! Come on, boss," I blurt out. It came out almost flirtatiously and I could see the disapproval on my dad's face as the words left my mouth. A blush began creeping up on my face, warmth running through it.

"I guess I could. I normally wouldn't since I'm on the job. But as you said it is your birthday." He winked at me. Oh yes. Again, I could feel a blush coloring my cheeks. Thank god for the neon lights, I thought to myself.