CHAPTER - FOUR

Piya's POV

The next day as I entered my office I found Misha already waiting for me inside. I raised an eyebrow to which she rolled her eyes and said,"Ok spill it." I asked,"What?" She sighed and said," Tell me what happened last night in the club between you and Mr. Sexy pants?" I said,"What are you talking about? I texted you last night that I left because I was bored!" She snorted and said,"Yeah right! You didn't look so bored when you were sucking face with him!" My eyes widened. She smirked and said,"Oh yeah I saw you locking lips and a lot more with the hotty last night. So just spill it already! I am dying to hear the details!" I sighed and said," Alright I'll tell ya." and I told her all the events that occurred last night at the club. "God I won't be able to look at him without blushing!" She laughed and said,"How was it?" My cheeks were burning as I said," It was mind blowing! Swoonworthy!" She smirked and said,"Then I guess it's totally worth it." I said," But what am I gonna say to him. The way I fled last night was downright embarrassing!" She said, "Let him do the talking." I nodded and tried to calm myself down.

After my shift for the day was done, I boarded the private elevator to head down to the parking lot. Just as the doors were about to close they opened again to reveal Abhay who was about to step in as well. I gulped. Oh god! I had successfully avoided him throughout the day but what now? Actually the day was pretty busy so I did not have to put in much effort to avoid him. But now that he was stepping inside the elevator and we both were the only occupants in it I have to acknowledge the issue. Before I could say anything, he started talking,"Umm... Piya about last night..... whatever happened at the club.....I am sorry......I don't know what came over me......I was a bit drunk and not thinking straight and things got a little out of hand.....I hope you are not upset....I am really sorry." I cleared my throat and said," Abhay it's alright.... You  don't have to apologize...... It's not your fault and I admit I was a little drunk too.....I am not upset with you." He looked relieved as he said,"Oh thank God! I thought you were upset with me...... It won't happen again really." I wanted to say,'Oh I want it to happen again you idiot! I want to do it all the time, can't stop thinking about it!' Instead I said," It's OK." After our little conversation the elevator dinged and we reached the parking lot. After saying our goodbyes we headed to our separate cars and drove away.

A month later........

It was 6 pm on a Saturday and I was getting ready for tonight's party. It had been two months since Abhay had arrived in New York and all this time he was hunting for a suitable apartment. In the meantime he had rented an apartment near the hospital. Last month he finally got a penthouse condo opposite Central Park. He was refurbishing the condo the whole month and even asked my help. I gladly contributed and spent most of the time last month with him selecting the dècor for his new place. He has a really good taste in everything. We have grown a lot closer since the last month. Ofcourse in a friends sort of way! We have become very good friends. Nothing was spoken of that heated makeout session in the club a month back. And nothing of that sort happened since then - how much ever I wished for it to happen! Last week all the refurbishing was finally over and Abhay moved into his new apartment. Today he was throwing a little housewarming party at his new place. He has invited all the friends and acquaintances from the hospital.
After getting ready I collected my clutch and the gift bag, slipped my heels on and left.