CHAPTER - ONE

New York, 2020

Piya's POV

I was waiting for my best friend Misha at this new club in town called Crossfire.It was our girls' night out.It's been a year since I arrived in New York.I have grown to love this city so much!For a year me and Misha were roommates in our apartment in Manhattan.A month ago Misha moved in with Kabir her long time boyfriend.So now I live alone.Misha was my best friend since college.Together we both got our appointment letters to this hospital and even Kabir moved to Manhattan after he got a job here.He is a software engineer.So here I was waiting for her since 15 minutes!

As I sighed in frustration and looked at my phone to check the time for the tenth time in the last 20 minutes, Misha comes running towards me with a sheepish look and mumbling apologies.I glare at her and asked,"What on earth took you so long? I am waiting here since 20 minutes!!"
She said,"Oh Piya! I am so sorry! It's just that when I was leaving Kabir arrived and then you know how he is! He wouldn't let me leave...That naughty man!" She said, blushing hard. I just rolled my eyes at her. These guys were so in love they made me gag sometimes.Other times they are just adorable. A stab of envy struck me. I wished even I had someone to go home to every night!

I was still a virgin! I was 26 and still a virgin! I had a couple relationships but  never serious ones. Truth is I never really felt like doing it with any of them. It's just that I was saving it.Call me old school or whatever but I just wanted to save it for the man I love!

I actually never felt like that with anyone after him! The way my heart used to melt just looking at him and I used to feel warm all over. Nobody else did that to me but him. It's been four years and I have moved on but still somewhere in the back of my mind he is always there. I wonder where he is right now.....

Misha and I spent the rest of the night talking, dancing and drinking. At around 11 we left the club because we had a morning 8 o'clock shift at the hospital.

I entered my apartment went straight to the bedroom, stripped off my clothes and crawled into the warmth of my bed.

Next day I walked into my cabin at the hospital drinking my coffee at 8 o'clock in the morning ready to start a new day.
By the afternoon I was a bit tired. Today was a hectic day. I had to perform two emergency surgeries, one case of subarachnoid hemorrhage and a case of stroke.I headed to the cafeteria to grab a quick lunch. I spotted Misha taking a seat at a table and sat  beside her to have lunch.Misha was a Plastic surgeon here at the hospital.

She asked me,"Piya have you heard the latest news of the day?" I shook my head no. She said,"It's just that a new Cardio-thoracic surgeon is coming to our hospital from Seattle!" I asked,"When is he due to arrive and why are you grinning like that?" I asked when she was smiling a Cheshire cat grin. She said,"He is due to arrive in a couple days and I have heard that he is smokin' hot!!" "Hello! Are you forgetting you have a perfect boyfriend at home?" I asked her to which she said,"No silly! I am happy for you! Maybe something could happen between you guys!" She said waggling her eyebrows at me. I just rolled my eyes and dismissed her. She always tries to hook me up with guys like that. She feels bad thinking that I am lonely. Well I kind of am but by choice. I mean am just waiting for the right guy to come a long.

Two days later.....

I entered the hospital sipping my coffee as usual. I disposed the cup off after finishing it and turned to head towards my cabin. Just as I turned I bumped into a solid thing. I almost lost my balance but then I felt strong warm hands gripping my arms steadying me. I opened my eyes to see a man's shirt covered chest and lifted my eyes. I gasped as my eyes met with a striking pair of greyish green eyes with a blueish hue in them. I could never forget those eyes! I looked at his gorgeous face as he gave me a concerned look asking me if I was okay. When I nodded he gave me a mind blowing smile flashing me those dimples of his.
Oh god it was him! What was Abhay Raichand doing here?

The pic above is of Crossfire