I might choke #31

Show me some love and comment and vote!

............

I sighed looking at the door like it was the portal to hell. I slowly touched it with my hand, but pulled in back quickly doubting to go in. I sighed once again and tried to pull myself together. 'Come on Gwen you can do this." I murmured to myself hoping this would give me the guts to open that stupid door. I heard voices inside talking to each other wich reminded me that I was already to late, and could easily just not come at all. I wanted to slap myself for thinking that and sighed once again laying my hand on the doorknob now. I pulled myself together and slowly opened the damn door.

My eyes met Joys nervous eyes which made me wonder why she was nervous. I decided not to worry about her and walked to the chair in front of his desk and took a seat. I knew he was gonna complain about how I'm to late for the first meeting I've attended since the beginning of the school year. I looked down not feeling the need to make eye contact with Lex.

'Next time you better be on time Alex or else I don't think you have the responsibility sense it takes to be part of this hockey team.' He said sounding irritated. I just nodded and made no effort to look remorseful at all. Probably only pissing him of even more because of that. 

'Where were you guys talking about?' I asked. Diverting his attention to something else. 'Well first off some of the girls aren't scoring high enough on their test, if some of them keep on scoring this low I have to bench them. Now do you have any idea who could help us?' Lex said. I immediately knew Jessica was one of the girls that gets low grades, 'We could search for a tutor or something like that? I proposed. I didn't actually think this would work, but who knows maybe she's not stupid.

'Good thinking Alex, I'll ask the rec about it, and set up someone for her.' He said smiling at me. I nodded at him, and thought to myself that this wasn't too bad. 'Something else, we've finally made enough money to go on a team weekend. We now only have to decide where to, and than we can go. I've already discussed it with school, and everyone can go if they got good enough grades.' He said clapping open his laptop.

'Okay girls these are the thing we can choose from.' He said turning the laptop toward us and showing the hotels. 'I really like that one.' Joy said pointing at the most expensive one. 'I agree.' I said nodding in agreement. 'Only where is the hotel? Because there also has to be activities we can do.' I said.

'Good thinking Alex. We can paintball and survival there. So I think that's good enough for the team right?' He asked. 'That's good enough I think.' Joy said. packing up her stuff. 'We're done here right?' She asked standing up.

'Yes I guess so. I see you girls tomorrow at practice, and next week we're going on team weekend, so inform the girls they have to pack their suitcases.' He said nodding us we could go. We both walked to the door and let ourselves out. I was thinking why he was son friendly, and didn't trust this one bit. He must have a plan or something, because I've never seen him this friendly and relaxed around me after the incident.

'He acted really strange don't you think?' Joy said confirming what I was thinking. 'I was thinking the exact same thing, but I guess it was nice to not feel like he's about to kill me when I'm around him.' I said shrugging my shoulders. 'Yes I guess you can think about it in that way.' Joy said.

'I'm gonna go this way, See you Monday!' she exclaimed waving at me while walking in the opposite direction off where I was going. I waved at her and went home. As soon as I got home I packed my suitcase for our trip. If Lex acted the same way he was acting now I wouldn't mind going on a bonding trip with the girls and him. I was certainly looking forward to paint balling with the girls. That was like one of the funniest thing to do. I did that last year with my team in the Netherlands and it was so much fun. It didn't hurt that bad to my surprise, but I got one ball in my neck and it looked like a hickey. That wasn't really chill seeing I was still with Lex and he knew he didn't mark me there which got him jealous again, and caused another fight.