Or my way. I'm not even sure what I want from this, but I know going home is part of it. My emotions are all jumbled and dulled down by whatever magic is put over this place. Either that, or it is being in the immortal lands, as a mortal with absolutely no power to speak of. If the rumours are true, I know Asher must have some.

"You know the immortal lands are no place for her," Asher mutters in reply, turning his back as of to expel all of the conversation. It left an awkward air between us, even as Aspen continues to fight his brother, who has walked to a cupboard hitched up on the wall.

He opens it, pulling out a small crystal glass and an unfamiliar type of alcohol in a blue bottle.

"She can help us, you know that," Aspen exasperates. Asher doesn't say anything, as he pours a drink, and turns back around. His persona from serious, has molded into one of amusement, as his eyes gleam testily.

"I'm aware of how much she could help, brother. That's not my point. My point is that I don't want Alaya here, where creatures like Sinful have full control," Asher states, then he looks back at me over the rim of the glance. "People here would eat you alive, beautiful. In more ways than one."

I'm not sure what he means by the exactly, but I'm repulsed either way. This isn't the first time I've heard the name Sinful, but I'm going to listen to Death when she told me I don't want to know about him.

"I think I just want to go home," I say uneasily, resting my entire body against the wall for support. Asher seems to notice, his eyes darkening.

"Not an option," he says, draining his glass. "Now you have to give your consent to be sent back, and the only way that can happen, is if we completely change your life situation, job and...looks."

"You'd know a lot about my life, wouldn't you," I snap.

I almost flinch at my own words. I was referring to the letters, the money, the gifts. The ridiculous, expensive gifts. Asher knows that. His eyes blaze at my attitude, bright with a challenge. He made that year of my life hell, as I wrestled with how to get rid of it all. I felt extremely guilty.

"I think that's something we should discuss privately," Asher practically purrs. My teeth grit together.

"Aspen, this isn't over. Alaya deserves some explanation, which I doubt you and Death could give aptly. Once I'm back, you'll apologise to Alaya for forcing yourself and this situation on her, which she will be fully aware of once we have spoken," Asher proclaims to the room, who all roll their eyes. He then turns and holds his hand out to me, which I refuse, tucking my hands into my pockets.

Shrugging loosely at the rejection, Asher turns, grabbing his coat before he opens the front door and steps into darkness. I pause.

Aspen perches on the armrest of the couch, wincing slightly. "You might want to follow him. He's right when he says he's the best at explaining things. At least we won't be the ones to get on his bad side..."

I look out the door, the darkness swirling ominously, giving no indication of where it lead.

I go to leave, knowing I have nothing to lose at this point. If I fall into an endless abyss it will be a sweet release from this nightmare like reality. Aspen grabs my arm before I can do so. "Don't let him tempt you. He's manipulative, seductive and will tease his way into your pants."

I flinch at how direct he was being.

"No one knows why he's like that, but he is, and despite the situation, I doubt he will hold back from you. Trust me, I'm his brother, I've seen it happen plenty of times," Aspen warns, and I shiver at how serious his tone is.